Jul 6, 2012, 12:24 PM EDT
Martin, 31, has admitted his play has underwhelmed since signing a five-year, $25 million deal two summers ago. However, if the Pens were to move him, a replacement would have to be found – no easy task for GM Ray Shero.
Martin averaged 23:00 of ice time per game in 2011-12, second to only Kris Letang on the team.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5