Jul 6, 2012, 12:24 PM EDT
Martin, 31, has admitted his play has underwhelmed since signing a five-year, $25 million deal two summers ago. However, if the Pens were to move him, a replacement would have to be found – no easy task for GM Ray Shero.
Martin averaged 23:00 of ice time per game in 2011-12, second to only Kris Letang on the team.
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 6
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 35
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54