Jul 6, 2012, 11:57 AM EDT
Two smaller signings to pass your way…
Coyotes keep Chip
The Phoenix Coyotes have agreed to terms with RFA forward Kyle Chipchura on a one-year deal worth $675,000.
Taken 18th overall in 2004 by Montreal, Chipchura spent time with both the Canadiens and Ducks before landing in Phoenix last season. In 53 games, the 26-year-old posted 3G-13A-16PTS in just over 10 minutes a night — he then played a key role in Phoenix’s surprising run to the Western Conference finals, appearing in 15 games while notching four points.
“We are very pleased to re-sign Kyle,” Phoenix GM Don Maloney told the team website. “Kyle is a hard-working, versatile forward who brings toughness and grit to our lineup. We are happy to have him back.”
Blues nab Murray
St. Louis agreed to terms with former San Jose forward Andrew Murray on a one-year, two-way deal that will pay $600,000 at the NHL level and $105,000 at the AHL level.
Murray, 31, broke into the NHL with Columbus in 2007-08 before signing with the Sharks last year. He posted 1G-3A-4PTS in 39 games but did not participate in any of San Jose’s postseason contests.
Dave Eminian of the Peoria Journal Star suggests Murray will start the year with St. Louis’ AHL affiliate in Peoria, projecting as a No. 2 center and “key penalty-killer [in] a leadership role with the Rivermen while serving as a go-to call-up for the Blues.”
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 0
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 36
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 11
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)