Jul 6, 2012, 11:57 AM EST
Two smaller signings to pass your way…
Coyotes keep Chip
The Phoenix Coyotes have agreed to terms with RFA forward Kyle Chipchura on a one-year deal worth $675,000.
Taken 18th overall in 2004 by Montreal, Chipchura spent time with both the Canadiens and Ducks before landing in Phoenix last season. In 53 games, the 26-year-old posted 3G-13A-16PTS in just over 10 minutes a night — he then played a key role in Phoenix’s surprising run to the Western Conference finals, appearing in 15 games while notching four points.
“We are very pleased to re-sign Kyle,” Phoenix GM Don Maloney told the team website. “Kyle is a hard-working, versatile forward who brings toughness and grit to our lineup. We are happy to have him back.”
Blues nab Murray
St. Louis agreed to terms with former San Jose forward Andrew Murray on a one-year, two-way deal that will pay $600,000 at the NHL level and $105,000 at the AHL level.
Murray, 31, broke into the NHL with Columbus in 2007-08 before signing with the Sharks last year. He posted 1G-3A-4PTS in 39 games but did not participate in any of San Jose’s postseason contests.
Dave Eminian of the Peoria Journal Star suggests Murray will start the year with St. Louis’ AHL affiliate in Peoria, projecting as a No. 2 center and “key penalty-killer [in] a leadership role with the Rivermen while serving as a go-to call-up for the Blues.”
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 20
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 57
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)