Jul 6, 2012, 11:57 AM EDT
Two smaller signings to pass your way…
Coyotes keep Chip
The Phoenix Coyotes have agreed to terms with RFA forward Kyle Chipchura on a one-year deal worth $675,000.
Taken 18th overall in 2004 by Montreal, Chipchura spent time with both the Canadiens and Ducks before landing in Phoenix last season. In 53 games, the 26-year-old posted 3G-13A-16PTS in just over 10 minutes a night — he then played a key role in Phoenix’s surprising run to the Western Conference finals, appearing in 15 games while notching four points.
“We are very pleased to re-sign Kyle,” Phoenix GM Don Maloney told the team website. “Kyle is a hard-working, versatile forward who brings toughness and grit to our lineup. We are happy to have him back.”
Blues nab Murray
St. Louis agreed to terms with former San Jose forward Andrew Murray on a one-year, two-way deal that will pay $600,000 at the NHL level and $105,000 at the AHL level.
Murray, 31, broke into the NHL with Columbus in 2007-08 before signing with the Sharks last year. He posted 1G-3A-4PTS in 39 games but did not participate in any of San Jose’s postseason contests.
Dave Eminian of the Peoria Journal Star suggests Murray will start the year with St. Louis’ AHL affiliate in Peoria, projecting as a No. 2 center and “key penalty-killer [in] a leadership role with the Rivermen while serving as a go-to call-up for the Blues.”
- Video: Flyers trounce slumping Penguins on Rivalry Night 29
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 5
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 15
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 36
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)