Jul 6, 2012, 11:57 AM EDT
Two smaller signings to pass your way…
Coyotes keep Chip
The Phoenix Coyotes have agreed to terms with RFA forward Kyle Chipchura on a one-year deal worth $675,000.
Taken 18th overall in 2004 by Montreal, Chipchura spent time with both the Canadiens and Ducks before landing in Phoenix last season. In 53 games, the 26-year-old posted 3G-13A-16PTS in just over 10 minutes a night — he then played a key role in Phoenix’s surprising run to the Western Conference finals, appearing in 15 games while notching four points.
“We are very pleased to re-sign Kyle,” Phoenix GM Don Maloney told the team website. “Kyle is a hard-working, versatile forward who brings toughness and grit to our lineup. We are happy to have him back.”
Blues nab Murray
St. Louis agreed to terms with former San Jose forward Andrew Murray on a one-year, two-way deal that will pay $600,000 at the NHL level and $105,000 at the AHL level.
Murray, 31, broke into the NHL with Columbus in 2007-08 before signing with the Sharks last year. He posted 1G-3A-4PTS in 39 games but did not participate in any of San Jose’s postseason contests.
Dave Eminian of the Peoria Journal Star suggests Murray will start the year with St. Louis’ AHL affiliate in Peoria, projecting as a No. 2 center and “key penalty-killer [in] a leadership role with the Rivermen while serving as a go-to call-up for the Blues.”
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 21
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 13
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 10
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 40
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 48
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 86
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 40
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 64
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)