Jul 6, 2012, 11:57 AM EDT
Two smaller signings to pass your way…
Coyotes keep Chip
The Phoenix Coyotes have agreed to terms with RFA forward Kyle Chipchura on a one-year deal worth $675,000.
Taken 18th overall in 2004 by Montreal, Chipchura spent time with both the Canadiens and Ducks before landing in Phoenix last season. In 53 games, the 26-year-old posted 3G-13A-16PTS in just over 10 minutes a night — he then played a key role in Phoenix’s surprising run to the Western Conference finals, appearing in 15 games while notching four points.
“We are very pleased to re-sign Kyle,” Phoenix GM Don Maloney told the team website. “Kyle is a hard-working, versatile forward who brings toughness and grit to our lineup. We are happy to have him back.”
Blues nab Murray
St. Louis agreed to terms with former San Jose forward Andrew Murray on a one-year, two-way deal that will pay $600,000 at the NHL level and $105,000 at the AHL level.
Murray, 31, broke into the NHL with Columbus in 2007-08 before signing with the Sharks last year. He posted 1G-3A-4PTS in 39 games but did not participate in any of San Jose’s postseason contests.
Dave Eminian of the Peoria Journal Star suggests Murray will start the year with St. Louis’ AHL affiliate in Peoria, projecting as a No. 2 center and “key penalty-killer [in] a leadership role with the Rivermen while serving as a go-to call-up for the Blues.”
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 36
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 38
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)