Jul 6, 2012, 4:29 PM EDT
Some more signings to pass your way…
Florida re-ups with Ellerby
The Florida Panthers have agreed to terms with RFA defenseman Keaton Ellerby on a one-year deal.
Ellerby, 24, appeared in 40 games last year for the Panthers, registering 0G-5A-5PTS while averaging over 15 minutes a night. It was something of a step-back season for the former first-round pick (taken 10th overall in 2007) — in 2010-11, he played 54 games and recorded a career-best 12 points, but saw his ice time decrease with the additions of Brian Campbell and Ed Jovanovski last season.
“Keaton is a young, mobile, hard working defenseman that continues to grow and develop,” said Panthers general manager Dale Tallon. “We look forward to his continued contributions to our team both on and off the ice.”
L.A. nabs Bruins farmhand
The Kings have agreed to terms with former Bruins defenseman Andrew Bodnarchuk.
Bodnarchuk, 23, signed a one-year deal with Los Angeles but will likely be off to AHL Manchester, according to LA Kings Insider Rich Hammond. The former fifth-round pick only saw five games in a Bruins uniform — back in 2009-10 — spending the majority of his time in Providence.
“Bodnarchuk is likely to compete for a spot with the Manchester Monarchs,” Hammond wrote. “Particularly given that one of the Monarchs’ top defensemen, Patrick Mullen, signed with Vancouver today.”
Sabres bring back Mancari
After a brief sojourn in Vancouver, Mark Mancari is returning to Buffalo.
The 26-year-old played in 36 games with the Sabres from 2007-2011 before inking a one-year deal with Vancouver last year. A big body (6-3, 225 pounds) that’s starred at the AHL, Mancari’s never seen his success translate to the NHL — last year he appeared in just six games for the Canucks, recording zero goals, assists, points, penalty minutes and shots on goal.
- Video: Johnny Hockey puts on a show in Flames win 0
- Video: Red Wings’ fans show support for Gordie Howe 0
- Burrows suspended three games for ‘late hit to the head’ on Emelin 11
- Blues say Center for Disease Control hasn’t been to Scottrade, don’t plan on it coming 7
- Agent: Vanek was not ‘involved’ in money laundering 12
- Even after big changes, Isles still struggling defensively 13
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 4
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 38
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 37
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (46)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)