Jul 6, 2012, 2:32 PM EDT
In the mood for some Friday fun? Well, too bad, all we’ve got for you is a Coyotes ownership update.
According to the Phoenix Business Journal, the City of Glendale’s $324 million arena-management deal with prospective owner Greg Jamsion could be on its way to a November referendum.
In fact, organizers may have already collected enough signatures to put it to a vote, though there could be some legal wrangling related to the exact number of signatures required and when they need to be collected by.
Long, tedious story short, the future of the Coyotes is still very much up in the air. And with Shane Doan expected to start fielding offers Monday, they may lose their captain to boot.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 28
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 23
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)