Jul 6, 2012, 2:32 PM EST
In the mood for some Friday fun? Well, too bad, all we’ve got for you is a Coyotes ownership update.
According to the Phoenix Business Journal, the City of Glendale’s $324 million arena-management deal with prospective owner Greg Jamsion could be on its way to a November referendum.
In fact, organizers may have already collected enough signatures to put it to a vote, though there could be some legal wrangling related to the exact number of signatures required and when they need to be collected by.
Long, tedious story short, the future of the Coyotes is still very much up in the air. And with Shane Doan expected to start fielding offers Monday, they may lose their captain to boot.
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 4
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 65
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 134
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (134)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (116)