Jul 6, 2012, 2:32 PM EST
In the mood for some Friday fun? Well, too bad, all we’ve got for you is a Coyotes ownership update.
According to the Phoenix Business Journal, the City of Glendale’s $324 million arena-management deal with prospective owner Greg Jamsion could be on its way to a November referendum.
In fact, organizers may have already collected enough signatures to put it to a vote, though there could be some legal wrangling related to the exact number of signatures required and when they need to be collected by.
Long, tedious story short, the future of the Coyotes is still very much up in the air. And with Shane Doan expected to start fielding offers Monday, they may lose their captain to boot.
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 18
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 48
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 0
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 4
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 39
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)