Jul 6, 2012, 2:32 PM EDT
In the mood for some Friday fun? Well, too bad, all we’ve got for you is a Coyotes ownership update.
According to the Phoenix Business Journal, the City of Glendale’s $324 million arena-management deal with prospective owner Greg Jamsion could be on its way to a November referendum.
In fact, organizers may have already collected enough signatures to put it to a vote, though there could be some legal wrangling related to the exact number of signatures required and when they need to be collected by.
Long, tedious story short, the future of the Coyotes is still very much up in the air. And with Shane Doan expected to start fielding offers Monday, they may lose their captain to boot.
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 12
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 6
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 34
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)