Jul 6, 2012, 2:32 PM EDT
In the mood for some Friday fun? Well, too bad, all we’ve got for you is a Coyotes ownership update.
According to the Phoenix Business Journal, the City of Glendale’s $324 million arena-management deal with prospective owner Greg Jamsion could be on its way to a November referendum.
In fact, organizers may have already collected enough signatures to put it to a vote, though there could be some legal wrangling related to the exact number of signatures required and when they need to be collected by.
Long, tedious story short, the future of the Coyotes is still very much up in the air. And with Shane Doan expected to start fielding offers Monday, they may lose their captain to boot.
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 23
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 16
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 44
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 55
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (55)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)