Jul 6, 2012, 8:15 PM EST
Eller was taken by the St. Louis Blues with the 13th overall pick in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, but shipped off to Montreal along with Ian Schultz in exchange for Jaroslav Halak.
The Halak deal was very controversial at the time and while it looks like St. Louis has gotten the better end of the deal so far, it certainly helps matters for the Canadiens that Carey Price has stepped up since Halak’s departure.
Eller built off his rookie season by scoring 16 goals and 28 points in 79 games in 2011-12. He also ranked second on the Canadiens with 66 penalty minutes.
He’s projected to start the 2012-13 campaign as the Canadiens’ third-line center, but he might eventually develop into a bit more of an offensive threat.
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 0
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 9
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 1
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 4
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 2
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (46)