Jul 6, 2012, 7:11 PM EDT
Karen MacLean, Brett’s mother, said that her son began to walk on Friday. However, he has no memory of collapsing on the ice.
“I think he’s really in shock,” Karen said. “When he woke up he had no recollection of how he got here, and so I think he’s still trying to digest what exactly did happen, how significant it was, and obviously for what his future holds.”
After Brett collapsed, two players, Jason Gallagher and Jason Silverthorn performed CPR while a firefighter in the stands, Jay Forslund phoned 911 and got the portable defibrillator machine.
“We’re eternally grateful to them,” Karen said. “Jason (Gallagher) was just here and we were able to thank him, but thanking them really doesn’t do it justice. We can’t express how grateful we are for everything they did.”
Brett played in five games with the Winnipeg Jets before he was placed on waivers and claimed by the team that originally drafted him in 2007, the Phoenix Coyotes. He also had 25 goals and 48 points in 63 AHL games with the Portland Pirates.
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 0
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 26
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 28
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 40
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 53
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)