Jul 6, 2012, 7:11 PM EST
Karen MacLean, Brett’s mother, said that her son began to walk on Friday. However, he has no memory of collapsing on the ice.
“I think he’s really in shock,” Karen said. “When he woke up he had no recollection of how he got here, and so I think he’s still trying to digest what exactly did happen, how significant it was, and obviously for what his future holds.”
After Brett collapsed, two players, Jason Gallagher and Jason Silverthorn performed CPR while a firefighter in the stands, Jay Forslund phoned 911 and got the portable defibrillator machine.
“We’re eternally grateful to them,” Karen said. “Jason (Gallagher) was just here and we were able to thank him, but thanking them really doesn’t do it justice. We can’t express how grateful we are for everything they did.”
Brett played in five games with the Winnipeg Jets before he was placed on waivers and claimed by the team that originally drafted him in 2007, the Phoenix Coyotes. He also had 25 goals and 48 points in 63 AHL games with the Portland Pirates.
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 13
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 11
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 60
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 28
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 57
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 17
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 127
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (127)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc (60)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)