Jul 6, 2012, 7:11 PM EDT
Karen MacLean, Brett’s mother, said that her son began to walk on Friday. However, he has no memory of collapsing on the ice.
“I think he’s really in shock,” Karen said. “When he woke up he had no recollection of how he got here, and so I think he’s still trying to digest what exactly did happen, how significant it was, and obviously for what his future holds.”
After Brett collapsed, two players, Jason Gallagher and Jason Silverthorn performed CPR while a firefighter in the stands, Jay Forslund phoned 911 and got the portable defibrillator machine.
“We’re eternally grateful to them,” Karen said. “Jason (Gallagher) was just here and we were able to thank him, but thanking them really doesn’t do it justice. We can’t express how grateful we are for everything they did.”
Brett played in five games with the Winnipeg Jets before he was placed on waivers and claimed by the team that originally drafted him in 2007, the Phoenix Coyotes. He also had 25 goals and 48 points in 63 AHL games with the Portland Pirates.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 11
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 35
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)