Jul 6, 2012, 7:11 PM EST
Karen MacLean, Brett’s mother, said that her son began to walk on Friday. However, he has no memory of collapsing on the ice.
“I think he’s really in shock,” Karen said. “When he woke up he had no recollection of how he got here, and so I think he’s still trying to digest what exactly did happen, how significant it was, and obviously for what his future holds.”
After Brett collapsed, two players, Jason Gallagher and Jason Silverthorn performed CPR while a firefighter in the stands, Jay Forslund phoned 911 and got the portable defibrillator machine.
“We’re eternally grateful to them,” Karen said. “Jason (Gallagher) was just here and we were able to thank him, but thanking them really doesn’t do it justice. We can’t express how grateful we are for everything they did.”
Brett played in five games with the Winnipeg Jets before he was placed on waivers and claimed by the team that originally drafted him in 2007, the Phoenix Coyotes. He also had 25 goals and 48 points in 63 AHL games with the Portland Pirates.
- In praise of the Hamburglar 9
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 5
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 12
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (173)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)