Jul 5, 2012, 6:56 PM EDT
Last summer, Zach Parise and Shea Weber were among some very big names who filed for salary arbitration but never made it that far. In fact, no one had a hearing – even if many inked deals right before they were going to go “on trial.” This year’s list isn’t quite as impressive, but there are still 15 intriguing names including Florida Panthers winger Kris Versteeg, St. Louis Blues forward T.J. Oshie and Edmonton Oilers eight-point-game-man Sam Gagner.
Detroit Red Wings
New Jersey Devils
New York Rangers
St. Louis Blues
San Jose Sharks
How much will Gagner’s historic flurry of activity help his bank account? Will things get contentious between the Predators and Kostitsyn considering what happened with Sergei’s brother Andrei? Could alarm clock woes boil back up with Oshie?
If last year is any indication, those players won’t get that far, but things could get awfully interesting if they happen to reach arbitration.
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 3
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 6
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Miller suffers upper body injury in Bruins win 3
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ 45
- Report: Islanders were sold for $485 million 8
- Scrivens believes Oilers are ‘starting to build winning habits’ 9
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (119)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (53)