Jul 5, 2012, 6:56 PM EDT
Last summer, Zach Parise and Shea Weber were among some very big names who filed for salary arbitration but never made it that far. In fact, no one had a hearing – even if many inked deals right before they were going to go “on trial.” This year’s list isn’t quite as impressive, but there are still 15 intriguing names including Florida Panthers winger Kris Versteeg, St. Louis Blues forward T.J. Oshie and Edmonton Oilers eight-point-game-man Sam Gagner.
Detroit Red Wings
New Jersey Devils
New York Rangers
St. Louis Blues
San Jose Sharks
How much will Gagner’s historic flurry of activity help his bank account? Will things get contentious between the Predators and Kostitsyn considering what happened with Sergei’s brother Andrei? Could alarm clock woes boil back up with Oshie?
If last year is any indication, those players won’t get that far, but things could get awfully interesting if they happen to reach arbitration.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 9
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 13
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 29
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 8
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)