Jul 5, 2012, 6:56 PM EDT
Last summer, Zach Parise and Shea Weber were among some very big names who filed for salary arbitration but never made it that far. In fact, no one had a hearing – even if many inked deals right before they were going to go “on trial.” This year’s list isn’t quite as impressive, but there are still 15 intriguing names including Florida Panthers winger Kris Versteeg, St. Louis Blues forward T.J. Oshie and Edmonton Oilers eight-point-game-man Sam Gagner.
Detroit Red Wings
New Jersey Devils
New York Rangers
St. Louis Blues
San Jose Sharks
How much will Gagner’s historic flurry of activity help his bank account? Will things get contentious between the Predators and Kostitsyn considering what happened with Sergei’s brother Andrei? Could alarm clock woes boil back up with Oshie?
If last year is any indication, those players won’t get that far, but things could get awfully interesting if they happen to reach arbitration.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 6
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34