Jul 5, 2012, 6:56 PM EST
Last summer, Zach Parise and Shea Weber were among some very big names who filed for salary arbitration but never made it that far. In fact, no one had a hearing – even if many inked deals right before they were going to go “on trial.” This year’s list isn’t quite as impressive, but there are still 15 intriguing names including Florida Panthers winger Kris Versteeg, St. Louis Blues forward T.J. Oshie and Edmonton Oilers eight-point-game-man Sam Gagner.
Detroit Red Wings
New Jersey Devils
New York Rangers
St. Louis Blues
San Jose Sharks
How much will Gagner’s historic flurry of activity help his bank account? Will things get contentious between the Predators and Kostitsyn considering what happened with Sergei’s brother Andrei? Could alarm clock woes boil back up with Oshie?
If last year is any indication, those players won’t get that far, but things could get awfully interesting if they happen to reach arbitration.
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 2
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 18
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 6
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 14
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 16
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 8
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27