Jul 5, 2012, 6:56 PM EDT
Last summer, Zach Parise and Shea Weber were among some very big names who filed for salary arbitration but never made it that far. In fact, no one had a hearing – even if many inked deals right before they were going to go “on trial.” This year’s list isn’t quite as impressive, but there are still 15 intriguing names including Florida Panthers winger Kris Versteeg, St. Louis Blues forward T.J. Oshie and Edmonton Oilers eight-point-game-man Sam Gagner.
Detroit Red Wings
New Jersey Devils
New York Rangers
St. Louis Blues
San Jose Sharks
How much will Gagner’s historic flurry of activity help his bank account? Will things get contentious between the Predators and Kostitsyn considering what happened with Sergei’s brother Andrei? Could alarm clock woes boil back up with Oshie?
If last year is any indication, those players won’t get that far, but things could get awfully interesting if they happen to reach arbitration.
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 4
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 14
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 40
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31