Jul 5, 2012, 10:38 AM EDT
A couple of minor signings to pass your way…
Pittsburgh gets another P. Dupuis
The Penguins have agreed to terms with former Toronto Maple Leafs forward Philippe Dupuis on a one-year, two-way contract. The deal will pay Dupuis $600,000 at the NHL level and $105,000 at the AHL level.
If his past is any indication, Dupuis (no relation to Pens winger Pascal Dupuis, by the way) will be spending time both in Pittsburgh and Wilkes-Barre/Scranton next season. He split last season between the Toronto Maple Leafs and Marlies — with the Leafs, Dupuis played in 30 games and recorded zero goals, zero assists and zero points.
Prior to joining Toronto, Dupuis emerged as a solid bottom-six forward in Colorado. He posted career highs in games played (74), goals (six), assists (11) and points (17) with the Avalanche in 2010-11.
Florida signs Jacques
The Panthers have agreed to terms with noted tough guy Jean-Francois Jacques.
Jacques, 26, spent the first six years of his career with the Edmonton organization before signing in Anaheim for the 2011-12 season. His stint with the Ducks was uneventful — only appearing in six regular season games — but he did leave a mark.
Make that two marks.
The first was in the preseason, when he went after Vancouver Canucks farmhand Mike Duco:
That incident cost Jacques the remainder of the exhibition campaign and five regular season games.
Seemingly undeterred by Chief Shanahan’s ruling, Jacques received another suspension (a three-gamer) for elbowing Columbus’ RJ Umberger in the head during a January game:
The 6-foot-4, 215 pound Jacques signed a one-year, two-way deal with the Panthers. No word on financial terms yet.
- Video: Filppula, Stamkos score two big goals for Bolts 0
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 7
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 28
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 54
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)