Jul 5, 2012, 10:38 AM EST
A couple of minor signings to pass your way…
Pittsburgh gets another P. Dupuis
The Penguins have agreed to terms with former Toronto Maple Leafs forward Philippe Dupuis on a one-year, two-way contract. The deal will pay Dupuis $600,000 at the NHL level and $105,000 at the AHL level.
If his past is any indication, Dupuis (no relation to Pens winger Pascal Dupuis, by the way) will be spending time both in Pittsburgh and Wilkes-Barre/Scranton next season. He split last season between the Toronto Maple Leafs and Marlies — with the Leafs, Dupuis played in 30 games and recorded zero goals, zero assists and zero points.
Prior to joining Toronto, Dupuis emerged as a solid bottom-six forward in Colorado. He posted career highs in games played (74), goals (six), assists (11) and points (17) with the Avalanche in 2010-11.
Florida signs Jacques
The Panthers have agreed to terms with noted tough guy Jean-Francois Jacques.
Jacques, 26, spent the first six years of his career with the Edmonton organization before signing in Anaheim for the 2011-12 season. His stint with the Ducks was uneventful — only appearing in six regular season games — but he did leave a mark.
Make that two marks.
The first was in the preseason, when he went after Vancouver Canucks farmhand Mike Duco:
That incident cost Jacques the remainder of the exhibition campaign and five regular season games.
Seemingly undeterred by Chief Shanahan’s ruling, Jacques received another suspension (a three-gamer) for elbowing Columbus’ RJ Umberger in the head during a January game:
The 6-foot-4, 215 pound Jacques signed a one-year, two-way deal with the Panthers. No word on financial terms yet.
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 19
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 26
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 9
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 35
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)