Jul 5, 2012, 10:38 AM EDT
A couple of minor signings to pass your way…
Pittsburgh gets another P. Dupuis
The Penguins have agreed to terms with former Toronto Maple Leafs forward Philippe Dupuis on a one-year, two-way contract. The deal will pay Dupuis $600,000 at the NHL level and $105,000 at the AHL level.
If his past is any indication, Dupuis (no relation to Pens winger Pascal Dupuis, by the way) will be spending time both in Pittsburgh and Wilkes-Barre/Scranton next season. He split last season between the Toronto Maple Leafs and Marlies — with the Leafs, Dupuis played in 30 games and recorded zero goals, zero assists and zero points.
Prior to joining Toronto, Dupuis emerged as a solid bottom-six forward in Colorado. He posted career highs in games played (74), goals (six), assists (11) and points (17) with the Avalanche in 2010-11.
Florida signs Jacques
The Panthers have agreed to terms with noted tough guy Jean-Francois Jacques.
Jacques, 26, spent the first six years of his career with the Edmonton organization before signing in Anaheim for the 2011-12 season. His stint with the Ducks was uneventful — only appearing in six regular season games — but he did leave a mark.
Make that two marks.
The first was in the preseason, when he went after Vancouver Canucks farmhand Mike Duco:
That incident cost Jacques the remainder of the exhibition campaign and five regular season games.
Seemingly undeterred by Chief Shanahan’s ruling, Jacques received another suspension (a three-gamer) for elbowing Columbus’ RJ Umberger in the head during a January game:
The 6-foot-4, 215 pound Jacques signed a one-year, two-way deal with the Panthers. No word on financial terms yet.
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 3
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 6
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Miller suffers upper body injury in Bruins win 3
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ 45
- Report: Islanders were sold for $485 million 8
- Scrivens believes Oilers are ‘starting to build winning habits’ 9
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (119)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (53)