Jul 5, 2012, 11:36 AM EDT
More minor signings to pass along…
Vancouver inks Joslin
The Canucks added depth to their blueline on Thursday, agreeing to terms (one-year, two-way deal) with former Carolina rearguard Derek Joslin. The 25-year-old spoke with Vancouver’s CKWX and expressed excitement about going to a Canadian market after playing 114 games over the last four seasons with the Sharks and ‘Canes, respectively.
Joslin had 2G-2A-4PTS in just 44 games with Carolina last season, yet still managed to post the third-worst rating on the team (-15). Financial terms of his deal with Vancouver weren’t released, but he did play on a two-year, $1.4 million deal with Carolina last season before being bought out.
Edmonton inks Byers
The Oilers have agreed to terms with former Columbus winger Dane Byers on a one-year, two-way deal. Byers, 26, has played in 14 NHL contests over the last six years, spending most of his time in the AHL.
When he has played in the NHL, though, he’s certainly made his presence known — like when he went after the head of San Jose forward Andrew Desjardins:
That hit resulted in a three-game suspension for Byers.
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 6
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 25
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 20
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 18
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 15
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 9
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 31
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 3
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)