Jul 5, 2012, 11:36 AM EST
More minor signings to pass along…
Vancouver inks Joslin
The Canucks added depth to their blueline on Thursday, agreeing to terms (one-year, two-way deal) with former Carolina rearguard Derek Joslin. The 25-year-old spoke with Vancouver’s CKWX and expressed excitement about going to a Canadian market after playing 114 games over the last four seasons with the Sharks and ‘Canes, respectively.
Joslin had 2G-2A-4PTS in just 44 games with Carolina last season, yet still managed to post the third-worst rating on the team (-15). Financial terms of his deal with Vancouver weren’t released, but he did play on a two-year, $1.4 million deal with Carolina last season before being bought out.
Edmonton inks Byers
The Oilers have agreed to terms with former Columbus winger Dane Byers on a one-year, two-way deal. Byers, 26, has played in 14 NHL contests over the last six years, spending most of his time in the AHL.
When he has played in the NHL, though, he’s certainly made his presence known — like when he went after the head of San Jose forward Andrew Desjardins:
That hit resulted in a three-game suspension for Byers.
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 2
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 12
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 45
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 54
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (54)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)