Jul 5, 2012, 11:36 AM EDT
More minor signings to pass along…
Vancouver inks Joslin
The Canucks added depth to their blueline on Thursday, agreeing to terms (one-year, two-way deal) with former Carolina rearguard Derek Joslin. The 25-year-old spoke with Vancouver’s CKWX and expressed excitement about going to a Canadian market after playing 114 games over the last four seasons with the Sharks and ‘Canes, respectively.
Joslin had 2G-2A-4PTS in just 44 games with Carolina last season, yet still managed to post the third-worst rating on the team (-15). Financial terms of his deal with Vancouver weren’t released, but he did play on a two-year, $1.4 million deal with Carolina last season before being bought out.
Edmonton inks Byers
The Oilers have agreed to terms with former Columbus winger Dane Byers on a one-year, two-way deal. Byers, 26, has played in 14 NHL contests over the last six years, spending most of his time in the AHL.
When he has played in the NHL, though, he’s certainly made his presence known — like when he went after the head of San Jose forward Andrew Desjardins:
That hit resulted in a three-game suspension for Byers.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 2
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)