Jul 5, 2012, 11:36 AM EDT
More minor signings to pass along…
Vancouver inks Joslin
The Canucks added depth to their blueline on Thursday, agreeing to terms (one-year, two-way deal) with former Carolina rearguard Derek Joslin. The 25-year-old spoke with Vancouver’s CKWX and expressed excitement about going to a Canadian market after playing 114 games over the last four seasons with the Sharks and ‘Canes, respectively.
Joslin had 2G-2A-4PTS in just 44 games with Carolina last season, yet still managed to post the third-worst rating on the team (-15). Financial terms of his deal with Vancouver weren’t released, but he did play on a two-year, $1.4 million deal with Carolina last season before being bought out.
Edmonton inks Byers
The Oilers have agreed to terms with former Columbus winger Dane Byers on a one-year, two-way deal. Byers, 26, has played in 14 NHL contests over the last six years, spending most of his time in the AHL.
When he has played in the NHL, though, he’s certainly made his presence known — like when he went after the head of San Jose forward Andrew Desjardins:
That hit resulted in a three-game suspension for Byers.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 36
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)