Jul 5, 2012, 11:36 AM EDT
More minor signings to pass along…
Vancouver inks Joslin
The Canucks added depth to their blueline on Thursday, agreeing to terms (one-year, two-way deal) with former Carolina rearguard Derek Joslin. The 25-year-old spoke with Vancouver’s CKWX and expressed excitement about going to a Canadian market after playing 114 games over the last four seasons with the Sharks and ‘Canes, respectively.
Joslin had 2G-2A-4PTS in just 44 games with Carolina last season, yet still managed to post the third-worst rating on the team (-15). Financial terms of his deal with Vancouver weren’t released, but he did play on a two-year, $1.4 million deal with Carolina last season before being bought out.
Edmonton inks Byers
The Oilers have agreed to terms with former Columbus winger Dane Byers on a one-year, two-way deal. Byers, 26, has played in 14 NHL contests over the last six years, spending most of his time in the AHL.
When he has played in the NHL, though, he’s certainly made his presence known — like when he went after the head of San Jose forward Andrew Desjardins:
That hit resulted in a three-game suspension for Byers.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 10
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 32
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25