Jul 5, 2012, 4:41 PM EST
The Buffalo Sabres have added a third Hobey Baker winner to the organization, signing former Colorado forward Kevin Porter.
Terms and dollar amount have not been made public — the news was first released by Porter’s agent, Alec Schall.
(Porter tweeted on Wednesday he’d be flying to Buffalo today.)
Porter, 26, has spent the last three seasons in Colorado with mixed results. He had a career year in 2010-11 — 74 games played, 14G-11A-25PTS, 13:49 average ice time — but saw his role diminish last year after appearing in just 35 contests, registering a mere seven points.
A former standout at the University of Michigan, Porter won the Hobey Baker in 2008 by beating out Boston College’s Nathan Gerbe (his new teammate in Buffalo, oddly enough) and Miami of Ohio’s Ryan Jones, now with the Edmonton Oilers.
Of note: Porter’s claim to (in)fame last year was going knee-on-knee with Vancouver’s David Booth. The end result was Booth missing six weeks with a sprained MCL and Porter being suspended four games…
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 6
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 6
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 0
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 2
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 10
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers face Red Wings on Rivalry Night 13
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 8
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 10
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)