Jul 5, 2012, 4:41 PM EDT
The Buffalo Sabres have added a third Hobey Baker winner to the organization, signing former Colorado forward Kevin Porter.
Terms and dollar amount have not been made public — the news was first released by Porter’s agent, Alec Schall.
(Porter tweeted on Wednesday he’d be flying to Buffalo today.)
Porter, 26, has spent the last three seasons in Colorado with mixed results. He had a career year in 2010-11 — 74 games played, 14G-11A-25PTS, 13:49 average ice time — but saw his role diminish last year after appearing in just 35 contests, registering a mere seven points.
A former standout at the University of Michigan, Porter won the Hobey Baker in 2008 by beating out Boston College’s Nathan Gerbe (his new teammate in Buffalo, oddly enough) and Miami of Ohio’s Ryan Jones, now with the Edmonton Oilers.
Of note: Porter’s claim to (in)fame last year was going knee-on-knee with Vancouver’s David Booth. The end result was Booth missing six weeks with a sprained MCL and Porter being suspended four games…
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 18
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 16
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)