Jul 5, 2012, 4:41 PM EDT
The Buffalo Sabres have added a third Hobey Baker winner to the organization, signing former Colorado forward Kevin Porter.
Terms and dollar amount have not been made public — the news was first released by Porter’s agent, Alec Schall.
(Porter tweeted on Wednesday he’d be flying to Buffalo today.)
Porter, 26, has spent the last three seasons in Colorado with mixed results. He had a career year in 2010-11 — 74 games played, 14G-11A-25PTS, 13:49 average ice time — but saw his role diminish last year after appearing in just 35 contests, registering a mere seven points.
A former standout at the University of Michigan, Porter won the Hobey Baker in 2008 by beating out Boston College’s Nathan Gerbe (his new teammate in Buffalo, oddly enough) and Miami of Ohio’s Ryan Jones, now with the Edmonton Oilers.
Of note: Porter’s claim to (in)fame last year was going knee-on-knee with Vancouver’s David Booth. The end result was Booth missing six weeks with a sprained MCL and Porter being suspended four games…
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 1
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 4
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 10
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 34
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)