Jul 5, 2012, 6:03 PM EDT
With post-concussion syndrome in the rear-view mirror (hopefully forever), Blues forward David Perron has signed a four-year, $15.25 million contract to remain in St. Louis. The 24-year-old’s cap hit will be $3.8 million.
“I love the city of St. Louis and I’m thrilled to play in front of these awesome fans for another four years,” Perron said in a release. “We had an excellent regular season but we all feel this team has so much more to accomplish.”
The 26th selection in the 2007 draft missed over a year with concussion issues before finally returning on Dec. 3.
“We’re excited to have David in the fold for the next four years,” said Blues GM Doug Armstrong. “He made a great comeback by scoring 21 goals in 57 games. We’re comfortable with his health, and we’re confident that he will continue to build on his offense.”
Armstrong’s focus will now turn to locking up restricted free agent TJ Oshie. The 25-year-old filed for salary arbitration today, though it’s possible for a deal to be struck before it gets to that.
The Blues remain under the cap floor.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 1
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 15
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 18
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (49)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)