Jul 5, 2012, 6:03 PM EDT
With post-concussion syndrome in the rear-view mirror (hopefully forever), Blues forward David Perron has signed a four-year, $15.25 million contract to remain in St. Louis. The 24-year-old’s cap hit will be $3.8 million.
“I love the city of St. Louis and I’m thrilled to play in front of these awesome fans for another four years,” Perron said in a release. “We had an excellent regular season but we all feel this team has so much more to accomplish.”
The 26th selection in the 2007 draft missed over a year with concussion issues before finally returning on Dec. 3.
“We’re excited to have David in the fold for the next four years,” said Blues GM Doug Armstrong. “He made a great comeback by scoring 21 goals in 57 games. We’re comfortable with his health, and we’re confident that he will continue to build on his offense.”
Armstrong’s focus will now turn to locking up restricted free agent TJ Oshie. The 25-year-old filed for salary arbitration today, though it’s possible for a deal to be struck before it gets to that.
The Blues remain under the cap floor.
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 0
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 35
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (64)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)