Jul 5, 2012, 6:03 PM EDT
With post-concussion syndrome in the rear-view mirror (hopefully forever), Blues forward David Perron has signed a four-year, $15.25 million contract to remain in St. Louis. The 24-year-old’s cap hit will be $3.8 million.
“I love the city of St. Louis and I’m thrilled to play in front of these awesome fans for another four years,” Perron said in a release. “We had an excellent regular season but we all feel this team has so much more to accomplish.”
The 26th selection in the 2007 draft missed over a year with concussion issues before finally returning on Dec. 3.
“We’re excited to have David in the fold for the next four years,” said Blues GM Doug Armstrong. “He made a great comeback by scoring 21 goals in 57 games. We’re comfortable with his health, and we’re confident that he will continue to build on his offense.”
Armstrong’s focus will now turn to locking up restricted free agent TJ Oshie. The 25-year-old filed for salary arbitration today, though it’s possible for a deal to be struck before it gets to that.
The Blues remain under the cap floor.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 0
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 15
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 30
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)