Jul 5, 2012, 4:45 PM EDT
In case you figured they were just hanging out by the pool all day, the Columbus Blue Jackets are actually “working very hard” to trade Rick Nash.
However, that’s about all general manager Scott Howson would tell the Associated Press when asked for an update on the club’s efforts to move its captain.
And despite all the Jackets’ hard work, Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch says talks are in a “holding pattern” and has been told “nothing is close.”
Related: Nash would go to Penguins
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25