Jul 5, 2012, 4:45 PM EST
In case you figured they were just hanging out by the pool all day, the Columbus Blue Jackets are actually “working very hard” to trade Rick Nash.
However, that’s about all general manager Scott Howson would tell the Associated Press when asked for an update on the club’s efforts to move its captain.
And despite all the Jackets’ hard work, Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch says talks are in a “holding pattern” and has been told “nothing is close.”
Related: Nash would go to Penguins
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 0
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 12
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 14
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14