Jul 5, 2012, 10:05 PM EDT
Roberto Luongo might not be associated with British Columbia (and the Vancouver Canucks) much longer, but he’ll represent B.C. at the poker table next week. Brad Ziemer reports that B.C. Lottery Corp will pay Luongo’s $10,000 entry fee to compete in the World Series of Poker as part of an endorsement deal.
It’s widely believed that Luongo is Tweeting under the name “@strombone1,” where he announced his trip to Vegas earlier this week. Who know if that’s really him/will ever be official, but I’d like to make a request for him to do two things:
1. Live Tweet from the main event table.
2. Steal and destroy Greg Raymer’s irritating, against-the-spirit-of-it-all glasses:
So will Luongo be the richest guy at the table? How far do you think he’ll make it? (I can just picture the “choking”/beach ball jokes now …)
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Philadelphia Flyers at New York Rangers (Game 1) 0
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 24
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 36
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 112
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 9
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 12
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 63