Jul 5, 2012, 10:05 PM EDT
Roberto Luongo might not be associated with British Columbia (and the Vancouver Canucks) much longer, but he’ll represent B.C. at the poker table next week. Brad Ziemer reports that B.C. Lottery Corp will pay Luongo’s $10,000 entry fee to compete in the World Series of Poker as part of an endorsement deal.
It’s widely believed that Luongo is Tweeting under the name “@strombone1,” where he announced his trip to Vegas earlier this week. Who know if that’s really him/will ever be official, but I’d like to make a request for him to do two things:
1. Live Tweet from the main event table.
2. Steal and destroy Greg Raymer’s irritating, against-the-spirit-of-it-all glasses:
So will Luongo be the richest guy at the table? How far do you think he’ll make it? (I can just picture the “choking”/beach ball jokes now …)
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? 22
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 15
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 12
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 33
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 58
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 92
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead