Jul 5, 2012, 10:05 PM EST
Roberto Luongo might not be associated with British Columbia (and the Vancouver Canucks) much longer, but he’ll represent B.C. at the poker table next week. Brad Ziemer reports that B.C. Lottery Corp will pay Luongo’s $10,000 entry fee to compete in the World Series of Poker as part of an endorsement deal.
It’s widely believed that Luongo is Tweeting under the name “@strombone1,” where he announced his trip to Vegas earlier this week. Who know if that’s really him/will ever be official, but I’d like to make a request for him to do two things:
1. Live Tweet from the main event table.
2. Steal and destroy Greg Raymer’s irritating, against-the-spirit-of-it-all glasses:
So will Luongo be the richest guy at the table? How far do you think he’ll make it? (I can just picture the “choking”/beach ball jokes now …)
- Steen, Blues hold on against Ovechkin, Capitals 5
- David Backes ejected after boarding, bloodying Karl Alzner 15
- End nearing? Lightning waive Nabokov 4
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 24
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 10
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 18
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 17
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 12
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 29