Jul 5, 2012, 10:05 PM EDT
Roberto Luongo might not be associated with British Columbia (and the Vancouver Canucks) much longer, but he’ll represent B.C. at the poker table next week. Brad Ziemer reports that B.C. Lottery Corp will pay Luongo’s $10,000 entry fee to compete in the World Series of Poker as part of an endorsement deal.
It’s widely believed that Luongo is Tweeting under the name “@strombone1,” where he announced his trip to Vegas earlier this week. Who know if that’s really him/will ever be official, but I’d like to make a request for him to do two things:
1. Live Tweet from the main event table.
2. Steal and destroy Greg Raymer’s irritating, against-the-spirit-of-it-all glasses:
So will Luongo be the richest guy at the table? How far do you think he’ll make it? (I can just picture the “choking”/beach ball jokes now …)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 24
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 14
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 46
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 51
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 29
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10