Jul 4, 2012, 11:49 PM EDT
“We got there and the reports are pretty accurate,” Leipold said. “The Red Wings plane was there and they were before us so we were very, very nervous about that. But it was good to see him, for him to see us, for us to talk to Ryan about what we wanted to do, what we were building.
“He kind of knew everything anyway because he had paid a lot of attention to it. He was even, we were talking to him, and he’s text messaging Zach and it was really at that point that (we knew) we’re going to drive this deal and we’re going to make this thing happen. Within two hours it really kind of came together.”
Follow the link for more interesting, inside talk from Leipold about what the negotiations were like.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32