Jul 4, 2012, 10:13 AM EDT
It’s looking like Pittsburgh’s pursuit of Zach Parise is costing them a shot at retaining one of their own.
Dave Molinari of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports Steve Sullivan is looking to move on from the Penguins thanks to things getting a bit too busy there for his liking.
A member of the Sullivan camp, speaking on condition of anonymity, said minutes ago that he is expected to sign “elsewhere,” although no specific destination was given.
Sullivan finished last season with 17 goals and 48 points for the Penguins and with the free agent choices being pretty thin once you get past Zach Parise and Ryan Suter, he could make for a savvy depth pick-up for a team. Of course, if the Pens miss out on Parise they’ll miss having Sullivan in the lineup.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5