Jul 4, 2012, 10:13 AM EDT
It’s looking like Pittsburgh’s pursuit of Zach Parise is costing them a shot at retaining one of their own.
Dave Molinari of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports Steve Sullivan is looking to move on from the Penguins thanks to things getting a bit too busy there for his liking.
A member of the Sullivan camp, speaking on condition of anonymity, said minutes ago that he is expected to sign “elsewhere,” although no specific destination was given.
Sullivan finished last season with 17 goals and 48 points for the Penguins and with the free agent choices being pretty thin once you get past Zach Parise and Ryan Suter, he could make for a savvy depth pick-up for a team. Of course, if the Pens miss out on Parise they’ll miss having Sullivan in the lineup.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 6
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 7
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18