Jul 4, 2012, 10:13 AM EDT
It’s looking like Pittsburgh’s pursuit of Zach Parise is costing them a shot at retaining one of their own.
Dave Molinari of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports Steve Sullivan is looking to move on from the Penguins thanks to things getting a bit too busy there for his liking.
A member of the Sullivan camp, speaking on condition of anonymity, said minutes ago that he is expected to sign “elsewhere,” although no specific destination was given.
Sullivan finished last season with 17 goals and 48 points for the Penguins and with the free agent choices being pretty thin once you get past Zach Parise and Ryan Suter, he could make for a savvy depth pick-up for a team. Of course, if the Pens miss out on Parise they’ll miss having Sullivan in the lineup.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 11
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)