Jul 4, 2012, 10:13 AM EDT
It’s looking like Pittsburgh’s pursuit of Zach Parise is costing them a shot at retaining one of their own.
Dave Molinari of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports Steve Sullivan is looking to move on from the Penguins thanks to things getting a bit too busy there for his liking.
A member of the Sullivan camp, speaking on condition of anonymity, said minutes ago that he is expected to sign “elsewhere,” although no specific destination was given.
Sullivan finished last season with 17 goals and 48 points for the Penguins and with the free agent choices being pretty thin once you get past Zach Parise and Ryan Suter, he could make for a savvy depth pick-up for a team. Of course, if the Pens miss out on Parise they’ll miss having Sullivan in the lineup.
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 4
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 16
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 20
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 33
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)