Jul 4, 2012, 10:13 AM EST
It’s looking like Pittsburgh’s pursuit of Zach Parise is costing them a shot at retaining one of their own.
Dave Molinari of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports Steve Sullivan is looking to move on from the Penguins thanks to things getting a bit too busy there for his liking.
A member of the Sullivan camp, speaking on condition of anonymity, said minutes ago that he is expected to sign “elsewhere,” although no specific destination was given.
Sullivan finished last season with 17 goals and 48 points for the Penguins and with the free agent choices being pretty thin once you get past Zach Parise and Ryan Suter, he could make for a savvy depth pick-up for a team. Of course, if the Pens miss out on Parise they’ll miss having Sullivan in the lineup.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 154
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 120
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (120)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)