Jul 4, 2012, 8:07 PM EDT
David Shoalts passes along some good news on Phoenix Coyotes forward Brett MacLean: his condition is improving after a cardiac emergency on Monday. In fact, his agent Anton Thun said he was “conscious and speaking” on Wednesday.
“He’s conscious and he’s speaking,” Thun said. “They anticipate taking him out of intensive care [tonight] and running tests to determine why he collapsed.”
It’s great to hear that MacLean’s showing improvement, but identifying the cause for the problem will be key if he hopes to resume his hockey career at some point. That remains to be seen, but this is good news overall.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5