Jul 4, 2012, 8:07 PM EDT
David Shoalts passes along some good news on Phoenix Coyotes forward Brett MacLean: his condition is improving after a cardiac emergency on Monday. In fact, his agent Anton Thun said he was “conscious and speaking” on Wednesday.
“He’s conscious and he’s speaking,” Thun said. “They anticipate taking him out of intensive care [tonight] and running tests to determine why he collapsed.”
It’s great to hear that MacLean’s showing improvement, but identifying the cause for the problem will be key if he hopes to resume his hockey career at some point. That remains to be seen, but this is good news overall.
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 21
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day on PHT 11