Jul 3, 2012, 10:31 PM EDT
Many people* are getting antsy when it comes to the holding pattern on the Zach Parise and Ryan Suter signings. Parise spoke with NHL Home Ice’s Josh Rimer tonight on a wide range of subjects, including the tantalizing possibility of joining Suter on the same team.
“I would love to play on a team with a defenseman like Ryan Suter,” Parise said. “We’ve talked. Ryan and I are friends. We’ve definitely talked throughout this thing.”
Michael Russo says he knows “for a fact” that the two will speak tonight.
Parise told Rimer that the process has been “stressful” and a “life-altering decision” while thanking everyone for being patient while he ponders his choices. Apparently many team captains have called him on their teams’ behalf, for one thing.
Parise doesn’t exactly appreciate the Lebron James comparisons, though.
“I don’t like when anyone is drawing those comparisons to LeBron,” Parise said.
Then again, that comparison wouldn’t be as insulting if Parise gets even richer and maybe wins a championship in the next few years. He seems to know that to do that, he needs to make the right “decision.”
It just might not come as soon as many hope.
* – Particularly media members itching to go on vacation, I’d guess
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 46
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 68
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)