Jul 3, 2012, 10:31 PM EDT
Many people* are getting antsy when it comes to the holding pattern on the Zach Parise and Ryan Suter signings. Parise spoke with NHL Home Ice’s Josh Rimer tonight on a wide range of subjects, including the tantalizing possibility of joining Suter on the same team.
“I would love to play on a team with a defenseman like Ryan Suter,” Parise said. “We’ve talked. Ryan and I are friends. We’ve definitely talked throughout this thing.”
Michael Russo says he knows “for a fact” that the two will speak tonight.
Parise told Rimer that the process has been “stressful” and a “life-altering decision” while thanking everyone for being patient while he ponders his choices. Apparently many team captains have called him on their teams’ behalf, for one thing.
Parise doesn’t exactly appreciate the Lebron James comparisons, though.
“I don’t like when anyone is drawing those comparisons to LeBron,” Parise said.
Then again, that comparison wouldn’t be as insulting if Parise gets even richer and maybe wins a championship in the next few years. He seems to know that to do that, he needs to make the right “decision.”
It just might not come as soon as many hope.
* – Particularly media members itching to go on vacation, I’d guess
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 4
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 5
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 3
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 17
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9