Jul 3, 2012, 10:31 PM EDT
Many people* are getting antsy when it comes to the holding pattern on the Zach Parise and Ryan Suter signings. Parise spoke with NHL Home Ice’s Josh Rimer tonight on a wide range of subjects, including the tantalizing possibility of joining Suter on the same team.
“I would love to play on a team with a defenseman like Ryan Suter,” Parise said. “We’ve talked. Ryan and I are friends. We’ve definitely talked throughout this thing.”
Michael Russo says he knows “for a fact” that the two will speak tonight.
Parise told Rimer that the process has been “stressful” and a “life-altering decision” while thanking everyone for being patient while he ponders his choices. Apparently many team captains have called him on their teams’ behalf, for one thing.
Parise doesn’t exactly appreciate the Lebron James comparisons, though.
“I don’t like when anyone is drawing those comparisons to LeBron,” Parise said.
Then again, that comparison wouldn’t be as insulting if Parise gets even richer and maybe wins a championship in the next few years. He seems to know that to do that, he needs to make the right “decision.”
It just might not come as soon as many hope.
* – Particularly media members itching to go on vacation, I’d guess
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5