Jul 3, 2012, 10:31 PM EST
Many people* are getting antsy when it comes to the holding pattern on the Zach Parise and Ryan Suter signings. Parise spoke with NHL Home Ice’s Josh Rimer tonight on a wide range of subjects, including the tantalizing possibility of joining Suter on the same team.
“I would love to play on a team with a defenseman like Ryan Suter,” Parise said. “We’ve talked. Ryan and I are friends. We’ve definitely talked throughout this thing.”
Michael Russo says he knows “for a fact” that the two will speak tonight.
Parise told Rimer that the process has been “stressful” and a “life-altering decision” while thanking everyone for being patient while he ponders his choices. Apparently many team captains have called him on their teams’ behalf, for one thing.
Parise doesn’t exactly appreciate the Lebron James comparisons, though.
“I don’t like when anyone is drawing those comparisons to LeBron,” Parise said.
Then again, that comparison wouldn’t be as insulting if Parise gets even richer and maybe wins a championship in the next few years. He seems to know that to do that, he needs to make the right “decision.”
It just might not come as soon as many hope.
* – Particularly media members itching to go on vacation, I’d guess
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 6
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 5
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 7
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 21
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 20
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? 43
- Crosby, Malkin power Penguins, help Fleury grab 300th win 7
- Sooner than later? Bruins GM hopes Chara can return in 10-14 days 1
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 22
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)