Jul 3, 2012, 10:31 PM EST
Many people* are getting antsy when it comes to the holding pattern on the Zach Parise and Ryan Suter signings. Parise spoke with NHL Home Ice’s Josh Rimer tonight on a wide range of subjects, including the tantalizing possibility of joining Suter on the same team.
“I would love to play on a team with a defenseman like Ryan Suter,” Parise said. “We’ve talked. Ryan and I are friends. We’ve definitely talked throughout this thing.”
Michael Russo says he knows “for a fact” that the two will speak tonight.
Parise told Rimer that the process has been “stressful” and a “life-altering decision” while thanking everyone for being patient while he ponders his choices. Apparently many team captains have called him on their teams’ behalf, for one thing.
Parise doesn’t exactly appreciate the Lebron James comparisons, though.
“I don’t like when anyone is drawing those comparisons to LeBron,” Parise said.
Then again, that comparison wouldn’t be as insulting if Parise gets even richer and maybe wins a championship in the next few years. He seems to know that to do that, he needs to make the right “decision.”
It just might not come as soon as many hope.
* – Particularly media members itching to go on vacation, I’d guess
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 9
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 32
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 25
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 31
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 12
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)