Jul 3, 2012, 7:10 PM EST
We mentioned earlier that the Red Wings’ contingent allegedly flew to Madison, Wisconsin to meet with Ryan Suter on Tuesday. Well, according to Michael Russo of the Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune, they weren’t the only group that met with Suter today.
Wild owner Craig Leipold, coach Mike Yeo, and GM Chuck Fletcher reportedly used a private plane to pick up Suter’s agent, Neil Sheehy, and then all of them had a face-to-face meeting with the free agent defenseman.
It’s worth noting that it sounds like the Nashville Predators aren’t planning an in-person meeting with Suter.
Those three teams appear to be the frontrunners for Suter’s services at this point, but the Philadelphia Flyers, Chicago Blackhawks and Pittsburgh Penguins can’t be entirely ruled out.
For now we’ll just have to wait and see what happens next because it looks like Suter won’t make his decision tonight, and might not sign on Wednesday either.
- Sunny skies forecast for Winter Classic — problematic? 0
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 13
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 2
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 77
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3