Jul 3, 2012, 7:10 PM EDT
We mentioned earlier that the Red Wings’ contingent allegedly flew to Madison, Wisconsin to meet with Ryan Suter on Tuesday. Well, according to Michael Russo of the Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune, they weren’t the only group that met with Suter today.
Wild owner Craig Leipold, coach Mike Yeo, and GM Chuck Fletcher reportedly used a private plane to pick up Suter’s agent, Neil Sheehy, and then all of them had a face-to-face meeting with the free agent defenseman.
It’s worth noting that it sounds like the Nashville Predators aren’t planning an in-person meeting with Suter.
Those three teams appear to be the frontrunners for Suter’s services at this point, but the Philadelphia Flyers, Chicago Blackhawks and Pittsburgh Penguins can’t be entirely ruled out.
For now we’ll just have to wait and see what happens next because it looks like Suter won’t make his decision tonight, and might not sign on Wednesday either.
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 13
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 2
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 3
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 26
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 17
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)