Jul 3, 2012, 7:10 PM EDT
We mentioned earlier that the Red Wings’ contingent allegedly flew to Madison, Wisconsin to meet with Ryan Suter on Tuesday. Well, according to Michael Russo of the Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune, they weren’t the only group that met with Suter today.
Wild owner Craig Leipold, coach Mike Yeo, and GM Chuck Fletcher reportedly used a private plane to pick up Suter’s agent, Neil Sheehy, and then all of them had a face-to-face meeting with the free agent defenseman.
It’s worth noting that it sounds like the Nashville Predators aren’t planning an in-person meeting with Suter.
Those three teams appear to be the frontrunners for Suter’s services at this point, but the Philadelphia Flyers, Chicago Blackhawks and Pittsburgh Penguins can’t be entirely ruled out.
For now we’ll just have to wait and see what happens next because it looks like Suter won’t make his decision tonight, and might not sign on Wednesday either.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 0
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry 7
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 31
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 43
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)