Jul 3, 2012, 7:10 PM EDT
We mentioned earlier that the Red Wings’ contingent allegedly flew to Madison, Wisconsin to meet with Ryan Suter on Tuesday. Well, according to Michael Russo of the Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune, they weren’t the only group that met with Suter today.
Wild owner Craig Leipold, coach Mike Yeo, and GM Chuck Fletcher reportedly used a private plane to pick up Suter’s agent, Neil Sheehy, and then all of them had a face-to-face meeting with the free agent defenseman.
It’s worth noting that it sounds like the Nashville Predators aren’t planning an in-person meeting with Suter.
Those three teams appear to be the frontrunners for Suter’s services at this point, but the Philadelphia Flyers, Chicago Blackhawks and Pittsburgh Penguins can’t be entirely ruled out.
For now we’ll just have to wait and see what happens next because it looks like Suter won’t make his decision tonight, and might not sign on Wednesday either.
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 0
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 45
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)