Jul 3, 2012, 10:54 AM EDT
Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch reports that of the many suitors for Nash’s talents, the Senators had progressed furthest in talks with the Blue Jackets to land him.
Ottawa is not on Nash’s preferred list, either, and the Senators have publicly pulled themselves out of the running. GM Bryan Murray told Sportsnet yesterday that he’s not “chasing.” That’s a setback to the process, as source say the Blue Jackets got deeper into talks with the Senators than any other club. It was in those talks that the Marc Methot – for – Nick Foligno idea was born, a trade that was consummated yesterday.
At least both teams got something out of the process.
Portzline goes on to say the Rangers, Sharks, Hurricanes and Red Wings are into the mix for Nash, but Carolina is not on his preferred list of teams. Perhaps that could change with Jordan Staal there now. Philly too is believed to have interest.
Don’t expect this situation to change anytime before things get settled out with Zach Parise, however, as the Canes, Wings, and Flyers are all in on Parise. Once he’s signed, trade talks can get more serious as teams assess the situation.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5