Jul 3, 2012, 10:54 AM EDT
Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch reports that of the many suitors for Nash’s talents, the Senators had progressed furthest in talks with the Blue Jackets to land him.
Ottawa is not on Nash’s preferred list, either, and the Senators have publicly pulled themselves out of the running. GM Bryan Murray told Sportsnet yesterday that he’s not “chasing.” That’s a setback to the process, as source say the Blue Jackets got deeper into talks with the Senators than any other club. It was in those talks that the Marc Methot – for – Nick Foligno idea was born, a trade that was consummated yesterday.
At least both teams got something out of the process.
Portzline goes on to say the Rangers, Sharks, Hurricanes and Red Wings are into the mix for Nash, but Carolina is not on his preferred list of teams. Perhaps that could change with Jordan Staal there now. Philly too is believed to have interest.
Don’t expect this situation to change anytime before things get settled out with Zach Parise, however, as the Canes, Wings, and Flyers are all in on Parise. Once he’s signed, trade talks can get more serious as teams assess the situation.
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 6
- Five big games to watch this weekend 6
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 33
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 15
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 55
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (55)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)