Jul 3, 2012, 10:54 AM EDT
Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch reports that of the many suitors for Nash’s talents, the Senators had progressed furthest in talks with the Blue Jackets to land him.
Ottawa is not on Nash’s preferred list, either, and the Senators have publicly pulled themselves out of the running. GM Bryan Murray told Sportsnet yesterday that he’s not “chasing.” That’s a setback to the process, as source say the Blue Jackets got deeper into talks with the Senators than any other club. It was in those talks that the Marc Methot – for – Nick Foligno idea was born, a trade that was consummated yesterday.
At least both teams got something out of the process.
Portzline goes on to say the Rangers, Sharks, Hurricanes and Red Wings are into the mix for Nash, but Carolina is not on his preferred list of teams. Perhaps that could change with Jordan Staal there now. Philly too is believed to have interest.
Don’t expect this situation to change anytime before things get settled out with Zach Parise, however, as the Canes, Wings, and Flyers are all in on Parise. Once he’s signed, trade talks can get more serious as teams assess the situation.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7