Jul 3, 2012, 10:54 AM EST
Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch reports that of the many suitors for Nash’s talents, the Senators had progressed furthest in talks with the Blue Jackets to land him.
Ottawa is not on Nash’s preferred list, either, and the Senators have publicly pulled themselves out of the running. GM Bryan Murray told Sportsnet yesterday that he’s not “chasing.” That’s a setback to the process, as source say the Blue Jackets got deeper into talks with the Senators than any other club. It was in those talks that the Marc Methot – for – Nick Foligno idea was born, a trade that was consummated yesterday.
At least both teams got something out of the process.
Portzline goes on to say the Rangers, Sharks, Hurricanes and Red Wings are into the mix for Nash, but Carolina is not on his preferred list of teams. Perhaps that could change with Jordan Staal there now. Philly too is believed to have interest.
Don’t expect this situation to change anytime before things get settled out with Zach Parise, however, as the Canes, Wings, and Flyers are all in on Parise. Once he’s signed, trade talks can get more serious as teams assess the situation.
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 53
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 7
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 35
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 12