Jul 3, 2012, 10:54 AM EDT
Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch reports that of the many suitors for Nash’s talents, the Senators had progressed furthest in talks with the Blue Jackets to land him.
Ottawa is not on Nash’s preferred list, either, and the Senators have publicly pulled themselves out of the running. GM Bryan Murray told Sportsnet yesterday that he’s not “chasing.” That’s a setback to the process, as source say the Blue Jackets got deeper into talks with the Senators than any other club. It was in those talks that the Marc Methot – for – Nick Foligno idea was born, a trade that was consummated yesterday.
At least both teams got something out of the process.
Portzline goes on to say the Rangers, Sharks, Hurricanes and Red Wings are into the mix for Nash, but Carolina is not on his preferred list of teams. Perhaps that could change with Jordan Staal there now. Philly too is believed to have interest.
Don’t expect this situation to change anytime before things get settled out with Zach Parise, however, as the Canes, Wings, and Flyers are all in on Parise. Once he’s signed, trade talks can get more serious as teams assess the situation.
- Treliving would be ‘shocked’ if Bennett sticks with Flames in 14-15 3
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 15
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 41
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22