Jul 3, 2012, 3:10 PM EDT
From Ansar Khan of MLive.com:
A plane registered to Olympia Aviation, LLC, flew to Madison, Wis., this morning and is scheduled to fly back today, according to the Web site, FlightAware.com.
Free-agent defenseman Ryan Suter lives on a farm in Madison, Wis., in the off-season.
The reason this particular (and alleged) visit is being reported?
Aside from the fact we’re all desperate for news, a source told MLive.com that Ilitch and Red Wings advisor Chris Chelios had planned to meet with Suter in Madison on Sunday — but that meeting was cancelled by Suter’s agent, Neil Sheehy.
“We all know each other, so there’s nothing meeting face-to-face is going to accomplish, at least initially,” Sheehy told MLive on Saturday. “If Ryan is uncertain, that [meeting] could come into play.”
Ergo, the Wings getting that (alleged) face-to-face meeting could be considered a big development.
It’s also worth noting a MLive source said Detroit’s initial offer to Suter was a 12-year deal worth $90 million, an average annual value of $7.5 million per season.
In terms of cap hit, that would make him the highest-paid defenseman in the NHL.
Also related: The upcoming Parise wedding looks nice
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 22
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 46
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 78
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 9
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 11
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires