Jul 3, 2012, 3:10 PM EST
From Ansar Khan of MLive.com:
A plane registered to Olympia Aviation, LLC, flew to Madison, Wis., this morning and is scheduled to fly back today, according to the Web site, FlightAware.com.
Free-agent defenseman Ryan Suter lives on a farm in Madison, Wis., in the off-season.
The reason this particular (and alleged) visit is being reported?
Aside from the fact we’re all desperate for news, a source told MLive.com that Ilitch and Red Wings advisor Chris Chelios had planned to meet with Suter in Madison on Sunday — but that meeting was cancelled by Suter’s agent, Neil Sheehy.
“We all know each other, so there’s nothing meeting face-to-face is going to accomplish, at least initially,” Sheehy told MLive on Saturday. “If Ryan is uncertain, that [meeting] could come into play.”
Ergo, the Wings getting that (alleged) face-to-face meeting could be considered a big development.
It’s also worth noting a MLive source said Detroit’s initial offer to Suter was a 12-year deal worth $90 million, an average annual value of $7.5 million per season.
In terms of cap hit, that would make him the highest-paid defenseman in the NHL.
Also related: The upcoming Parise wedding looks nice
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 0
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 19
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 12
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 26
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 8
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 42
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 42
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 14
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 64
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 45
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (168)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)