Jul 3, 2012, 9:01 AM EDT
Devils farmhand and one-time prospect Vladimir Zharkov is taking his talents back to Russia while former Calder winner Andrew Raycroft is doing things a little different.
Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice reports Zharkov is heading to the KHL after signing a two-year deal with CSKA Moscow. CSKA has been busy picking off NHL guys lately as they locked up Alexander Radulov to a four-year, $36.8 million deal yesterday. Zharkov was a hot prospect at one point in the Devils organization but got lost in the shuffle the last couple seasons.
Meanwhile, former Stars backup goalie Andrew Raycroft is off to play in Italy according to Matias Strozyk of Jatokaika in Finland. Strozyk says Raycroft signed with Milano Rossoblu in Italy’s Serie A, a squad hoping to eventually play in the KHL. Raycroft is the 2004 Calder Trophy winner who has fallen on hard times of late in the NHL losing his backup job in Dallas to Richard Bachman this past season.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 37
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 31
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 26
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 16
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 2
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 53
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 29
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)