Jul 3, 2012, 9:01 AM EDT
Devils farmhand and one-time prospect Vladimir Zharkov is taking his talents back to Russia while former Calder winner Andrew Raycroft is doing things a little different.
Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice reports Zharkov is heading to the KHL after signing a two-year deal with CSKA Moscow. CSKA has been busy picking off NHL guys lately as they locked up Alexander Radulov to a four-year, $36.8 million deal yesterday. Zharkov was a hot prospect at one point in the Devils organization but got lost in the shuffle the last couple seasons.
Meanwhile, former Stars backup goalie Andrew Raycroft is off to play in Italy according to Matias Strozyk of Jatokaika in Finland. Strozyk says Raycroft signed with Milano Rossoblu in Italy’s Serie A, a squad hoping to eventually play in the KHL. Raycroft is the 2004 Calder Trophy winner who has fallen on hard times of late in the NHL losing his backup job in Dallas to Richard Bachman this past season.
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 22
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 46
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 78
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 9
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 11
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires