Jul 3, 2012, 5:38 PM EDT
In fact, according to the Detroit Free Press, a decision “probably won’t come before Thursday.”
A contingent from the Red Wings visited Suter today in Wisconsin to sell the 27-year-old defenseman on joining their club. The Free Press reports that the Wings upped their offer for Suter from $80 million over 13 years to $90 million.
Meanwhile, in Nashville, The Tennessean reports that the Predators have no plans to visit Suter in person.
According to the newspaper, the club is “currently in a holding pattern with Suter, waiting to receive word from him on his plans. It’s believed the Predators will have the last crack at negotiations with Suter.”
Other teams believed to be pushing hard for Suter include Minnesota, Philadelphia, Chicago and Pittsburgh.
- Lightning sign Brenden Morrow for one year 23
- Jackets sign Dubinsky through 2020-21 38
- AHL’s new overtime rules include 3-on-3 play 27
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration 64
- Armstrong lays out what Blues offered KHL-bound Sobotka 15
- Blues re-sign Ott; Sobotka to KHL? 35
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal 62
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions 170
- Jets can’t let Kane situation fester much longer 57
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery 59
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions (170)
- Pros and cons of Subban filing for arbitration (67)
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration (65)
- Boyle wanted Big Apple after playing in ‘nontraditional hockey markets’ of Florida, California (63)
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal (62)