Jul 3, 2012, 5:38 PM EDT
In fact, according to the Detroit Free Press, a decision “probably won’t come before Thursday.”
A contingent from the Red Wings visited Suter today in Wisconsin to sell the 27-year-old defenseman on joining their club. The Free Press reports that the Wings upped their offer for Suter from $80 million over 13 years to $90 million.
Meanwhile, in Nashville, The Tennessean reports that the Predators have no plans to visit Suter in person.
According to the newspaper, the club is “currently in a holding pattern with Suter, waiting to receive word from him on his plans. It’s believed the Predators will have the last crack at negotiations with Suter.”
Other teams believed to be pushing hard for Suter include Minnesota, Philadelphia, Chicago and Pittsburgh.
- Subban, Habs can’t agree to terms before arbitration hearing 0
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 19
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 63
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 8
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 31
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)