Jul 3, 2012, 5:38 PM EDT
In fact, according to the Detroit Free Press, a decision “probably won’t come before Thursday.”
A contingent from the Red Wings visited Suter today in Wisconsin to sell the 27-year-old defenseman on joining their club. The Free Press reports that the Wings upped their offer for Suter from $80 million over 13 years to $90 million.
Meanwhile, in Nashville, The Tennessean reports that the Predators have no plans to visit Suter in person.
According to the newspaper, the club is “currently in a holding pattern with Suter, waiting to receive word from him on his plans. It’s believed the Predators will have the last crack at negotiations with Suter.”
Other teams believed to be pushing hard for Suter include Minnesota, Philadelphia, Chicago and Pittsburgh.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)