Jul 3, 2012, 5:38 PM EST
In fact, according to the Detroit Free Press, a decision “probably won’t come before Thursday.”
A contingent from the Red Wings visited Suter today in Wisconsin to sell the 27-year-old defenseman on joining their club. The Free Press reports that the Wings upped their offer for Suter from $80 million over 13 years to $90 million.
Meanwhile, in Nashville, The Tennessean reports that the Predators have no plans to visit Suter in person.
According to the newspaper, the club is “currently in a holding pattern with Suter, waiting to receive word from him on his plans. It’s believed the Predators will have the last crack at negotiations with Suter.”
Other teams believed to be pushing hard for Suter include Minnesota, Philadelphia, Chicago and Pittsburgh.
- Miller’s second straight shutout puts Canucks in NHL lead 11
- Video: Ennis fires behind his back while falling, scores 3
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 6
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 2
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 25
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)