Jul 3, 2012, 5:38 PM EDT
In fact, according to the Detroit Free Press, a decision “probably won’t come before Thursday.”
A contingent from the Red Wings visited Suter today in Wisconsin to sell the 27-year-old defenseman on joining their club. The Free Press reports that the Wings upped their offer for Suter from $80 million over 13 years to $90 million.
Meanwhile, in Nashville, The Tennessean reports that the Predators have no plans to visit Suter in person.
According to the newspaper, the club is “currently in a holding pattern with Suter, waiting to receive word from him on his plans. It’s believed the Predators will have the last crack at negotiations with Suter.”
Other teams believed to be pushing hard for Suter include Minnesota, Philadelphia, Chicago and Pittsburgh.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 4
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 14
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 53
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)