Jul 3, 2012, 11:34 AM EDT
Johnson, the No. 1 overall pick in the 2006 draft by St. Louis, was acquired by Colorado two seasons ago in a blockbuster deal that sent Chris Stewart and Kevin Shattenkirk to the Blues. Johnson seemed to grow up and into his game upon reaching Denver and helps make this already cap-friendly deal even better for the Avs.
Taking this deal and matching it up to the two-year contract the Avs signed Matt Duchene to, you have to start wondering if GM Greg Sherman might just be a salary cap wizard or has some magic tricks up his sleeve when it comes to keeping his own guys. That’s a lot of talent signed on for a reasonable number of years and (potentially) below market value.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 0
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 4
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 17
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53