Jul 3, 2012, 1:19 PM EDT
Matt Carle – Plan B for teams that don’t get Suter? Wants to stay in Philly, but could feasibly get himself a bigger deal on the open market.
Kyle Wellwood – Coming off a career-high 47 points in Winnipeg, the nifty 29-year-old center is small but knows how to make plays.
Steve Sullivan – Similar in stature to Wellwood, except a winger and older. Had 17 goals last season in Pittsburgh. Also has seven 20-goal seasons under his belt, though his last was in 2006-07.
Petr Sykora – Scored 21 times for the Devils in 2011-12. It’s believed the 35-year-old wants to stay in New Jersey, but he’s likely in a holding pattern until Parise signs.
Shane Doan – Reportedly waiting until July 9 to see if the Coyotes’ lease agreement with Greg Jamison will be heading to a November referendum.
Andrei Kostitsyn – Anyone want a 20-goal scorer that enjoys late Scottsdale nights? A KHL team might.
Scott Hannan – Veteran defenseman that helped the Flames to the No. 9 penalty kill last season. If he were a car, he wouldn’t be much to look at, but he’d get you from A to B.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 21
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 33
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 27
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 25
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 24
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 58
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6