Jul 3, 2012, 12:10 PM EDT
After hearing about Montreal falling out of Jagr’s favor yesterday, CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty reports the Dallas Stars have taken a shine to the future Hall-Of-Famer. Haggerty says the Habs and Bruins aren’t of interest to the 40 year-old Jagr but he’s talking with the Stars.
Jagr reportedly wants a one-year deal worth $4 million and while the Stars have room for him, according to Jagr’s agent Petr Svoboda, they’re just one of 21 teams interested in him. Jagr finished last season with 54 points and 19 goals, numbers that would put him fourth in goals and fifth in points on the Stars. With Derek Roy now in the fold in Dallas, perhaps the Stars have become a more friendly option to Jagr.
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 22
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 46
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 78
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 9
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 11
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires