Jul 3, 2012, 12:10 PM EDT
After hearing about Montreal falling out of Jagr’s favor yesterday, CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty reports the Dallas Stars have taken a shine to the future Hall-Of-Famer. Haggerty says the Habs and Bruins aren’t of interest to the 40 year-old Jagr but he’s talking with the Stars.
Jagr reportedly wants a one-year deal worth $4 million and while the Stars have room for him, according to Jagr’s agent Petr Svoboda, they’re just one of 21 teams interested in him. Jagr finished last season with 54 points and 19 goals, numbers that would put him fourth in goals and fifth in points on the Stars. With Derek Roy now in the fold in Dallas, perhaps the Stars have become a more friendly option to Jagr.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25