Jul 3, 2012, 12:10 PM EDT
After hearing about Montreal falling out of Jagr’s favor yesterday, CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty reports the Dallas Stars have taken a shine to the future Hall-Of-Famer. Haggerty says the Habs and Bruins aren’t of interest to the 40 year-old Jagr but he’s talking with the Stars.
Jagr reportedly wants a one-year deal worth $4 million and while the Stars have room for him, according to Jagr’s agent Petr Svoboda, they’re just one of 21 teams interested in him. Jagr finished last season with 54 points and 19 goals, numbers that would put him fourth in goals and fifth in points on the Stars. With Derek Roy now in the fold in Dallas, perhaps the Stars have become a more friendly option to Jagr.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 20
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 19
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 44
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 121
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 36
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 79
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7