Jul 3, 2012, 2:15 PM EDT
Star Tribune reporter Mike Russo caught up with Zach Parise this morning at the Minneapolis-Saint Paul airport where the highly coveted free agent was returning home from his agent’s office in Toronto.
When asked for an update, Parise said he planned to discuss his options with his fiancée and family today and that he has no timetable to choose a team.
Parise also said the money “plays a very small part in” his decision, which makes sense given he’s going to earn a lot of it regardless.
According to the happy couple’s wedding page, Parise’s fiancée is from Minnesota, so feel free to wonder if that gives the Wild an advantage.
And yes, this is what it’s come to – wedding pages.
- Hitch needs ‘time to reflect’ before making decision on future 11
- Rutherford admits mistakes, but has support of Penguins ownership 6
- Wings’ Kronwall has hearing today for hit on Kucherov 32
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 37
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 26
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 10
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 31
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 80
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)