Jul 3, 2012, 2:15 PM EDT
Star Tribune reporter Mike Russo caught up with Zach Parise this morning at the Minneapolis-Saint Paul airport where the highly coveted free agent was returning home from his agent’s office in Toronto.
When asked for an update, Parise said he planned to discuss his options with his fiancée and family today and that he has no timetable to choose a team.
Parise also said the money “plays a very small part in” his decision, which makes sense given he’s going to earn a lot of it regardless.
According to the happy couple’s wedding page, Parise’s fiancée is from Minnesota, so feel free to wonder if that gives the Wild an advantage.
And yes, this is what it’s come to – wedding pages.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 1
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (49)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)