Jul 3, 2012, 2:15 PM EDT
Star Tribune reporter Mike Russo caught up with Zach Parise this morning at the Minneapolis-Saint Paul airport where the highly coveted free agent was returning home from his agent’s office in Toronto.
When asked for an update, Parise said he planned to discuss his options with his fiancée and family today and that he has no timetable to choose a team.
Parise also said the money “plays a very small part in” his decision, which makes sense given he’s going to earn a lot of it regardless.
According to the happy couple’s wedding page, Parise’s fiancée is from Minnesota, so feel free to wonder if that gives the Wild an advantage.
And yes, this is what it’s come to – wedding pages.
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 22
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 24
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 61
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)