Jul 3, 2012, 2:15 PM EST
Star Tribune reporter Mike Russo caught up with Zach Parise this morning at the Minneapolis-Saint Paul airport where the highly coveted free agent was returning home from his agent’s office in Toronto.
When asked for an update, Parise said he planned to discuss his options with his fiancée and family today and that he has no timetable to choose a team.
Parise also said the money “plays a very small part in” his decision, which makes sense given he’s going to earn a lot of it regardless.
According to the happy couple’s wedding page, Parise’s fiancée is from Minnesota, so feel free to wonder if that gives the Wild an advantage.
And yes, this is what it’s come to – wedding pages.
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 5
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 4
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 21
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)