Jul 3, 2012, 2:15 PM EDT
Star Tribune reporter Mike Russo caught up with Zach Parise this morning at the Minneapolis-Saint Paul airport where the highly coveted free agent was returning home from his agent’s office in Toronto.
When asked for an update, Parise said he planned to discuss his options with his fiancée and family today and that he has no timetable to choose a team.
Parise also said the money “plays a very small part in” his decision, which makes sense given he’s going to earn a lot of it regardless.
According to the happy couple’s wedding page, Parise’s fiancée is from Minnesota, so feel free to wonder if that gives the Wild an advantage.
And yes, this is what it’s come to – wedding pages.
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 4
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 61
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)