Jul 3, 2012, 9:21 AM EDT
Ansar Khan of Mlive.com reports the Red Wings and GM Ken Holland are hoping to move MacDonald to another team to accommodate his wishes to stay out of the AHL.
“His agent called, he wanted to know what the plan was with Joey,” Holland told MLive.com. “He doesn’t want to be in the AHL. Certainly, if we can find Joey an opportunity in the NHL we’ll do it.”
Finding him a landing place in the NHL will be hard. There weren’t many goaltending jobs to be had in the first place, and now that teams in need have made their moves it’ll be hard for MacDonald. One team that stands out as one in need is Winnipeg.
The Jets lost Jonas Gustavsson to Detroit and Chris Mason to Nashville. Someone needs to back up Ondrej Pavelec and the Jets don’t have anyone with NHL experience ready to do it. Makes sense, doesn’t it?
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 4
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 17
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 37
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 46
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)