Jul 3, 2012, 9:21 AM EDT
Ansar Khan of Mlive.com reports the Red Wings and GM Ken Holland are hoping to move MacDonald to another team to accommodate his wishes to stay out of the AHL.
“His agent called, he wanted to know what the plan was with Joey,” Holland told MLive.com. “He doesn’t want to be in the AHL. Certainly, if we can find Joey an opportunity in the NHL we’ll do it.”
Finding him a landing place in the NHL will be hard. There weren’t many goaltending jobs to be had in the first place, and now that teams in need have made their moves it’ll be hard for MacDonald. One team that stands out as one in need is Winnipeg.
The Jets lost Jonas Gustavsson to Detroit and Chris Mason to Nashville. Someone needs to back up Ondrej Pavelec and the Jets don’t have anyone with NHL experience ready to do it. Makes sense, doesn’t it?
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)