Jul 3, 2012, 9:21 AM EDT
Ansar Khan of Mlive.com reports the Red Wings and GM Ken Holland are hoping to move MacDonald to another team to accommodate his wishes to stay out of the AHL.
“His agent called, he wanted to know what the plan was with Joey,” Holland told MLive.com. “He doesn’t want to be in the AHL. Certainly, if we can find Joey an opportunity in the NHL we’ll do it.”
Finding him a landing place in the NHL will be hard. There weren’t many goaltending jobs to be had in the first place, and now that teams in need have made their moves it’ll be hard for MacDonald. One team that stands out as one in need is Winnipeg.
The Jets lost Jonas Gustavsson to Detroit and Chris Mason to Nashville. Someone needs to back up Ondrej Pavelec and the Jets don’t have anyone with NHL experience ready to do it. Makes sense, doesn’t it?
- Blackhawks nearly blow it…but don’t 1
- ‘Hawks rattle Rask with ‘way more traffic’ in Game 4 3
- Discuss: More Seabrook OT magic ties series 27
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 65
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 23
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 27
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming