Jul 3, 2012, 9:21 AM EDT
Ansar Khan of Mlive.com reports the Red Wings and GM Ken Holland are hoping to move MacDonald to another team to accommodate his wishes to stay out of the AHL.
“His agent called, he wanted to know what the plan was with Joey,” Holland told MLive.com. “He doesn’t want to be in the AHL. Certainly, if we can find Joey an opportunity in the NHL we’ll do it.”
Finding him a landing place in the NHL will be hard. There weren’t many goaltending jobs to be had in the first place, and now that teams in need have made their moves it’ll be hard for MacDonald. One team that stands out as one in need is Winnipeg.
The Jets lost Jonas Gustavsson to Detroit and Chris Mason to Nashville. Someone needs to back up Ondrej Pavelec and the Jets don’t have anyone with NHL experience ready to do it. Makes sense, doesn’t it?
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 0
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 13
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 11
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 20
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 42
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)