Jul 3, 2012, 9:21 AM EDT
Ansar Khan of Mlive.com reports the Red Wings and GM Ken Holland are hoping to move MacDonald to another team to accommodate his wishes to stay out of the AHL.
“His agent called, he wanted to know what the plan was with Joey,” Holland told MLive.com. “He doesn’t want to be in the AHL. Certainly, if we can find Joey an opportunity in the NHL we’ll do it.”
Finding him a landing place in the NHL will be hard. There weren’t many goaltending jobs to be had in the first place, and now that teams in need have made their moves it’ll be hard for MacDonald. One team that stands out as one in need is Winnipeg.
The Jets lost Jonas Gustavsson to Detroit and Chris Mason to Nashville. Someone needs to back up Ondrej Pavelec and the Jets don’t have anyone with NHL experience ready to do it. Makes sense, doesn’t it?
- Treliving would be ‘shocked’ if Bennett sticks with Flames in 14-15 3
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 15
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 41
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22