Jul 2, 2012, 9:23 AM EST
It seems the Sabres have had a long-running affinity for Bobby Ryan. We’ve read rumors about their interest in him in the past and now with Ryan looking like he’s on the outs in Anaheim, Buffalo would like to take him off their hands.
Bucky Gleason of The Buffalo News reports the Sabres are expressing their interest yet again in the Ducks’ goal scoring whiz but they may not have the players necessary to make it happen.
Any deal with Buffalo would likely include Derek Roy, whom the Sabres have been shopping for the past two summers. Ryan doesn’t have reservations about coming to Buffalo other than its need for a true playmaker. That would make Philly a better fit at this point.
Ah yes, Philly, the team Ryan said he should be traded to following his rant about not being wanted in Anaheim. If Ryan is that concerned over having a playmaker, being next to Claude Giroux wouldn’t be so bad. Buffalo can’t exactly offer Ryan that sort of help pitching him Tyler Ennis or Cody Hodgson as a set-up man.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 28
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 14
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 89
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 4
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 15
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 7
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (89)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)