Jul 2, 2012, 9:23 AM EDT
It seems the Sabres have had a long-running affinity for Bobby Ryan. We’ve read rumors about their interest in him in the past and now with Ryan looking like he’s on the outs in Anaheim, Buffalo would like to take him off their hands.
Bucky Gleason of The Buffalo News reports the Sabres are expressing their interest yet again in the Ducks’ goal scoring whiz but they may not have the players necessary to make it happen.
Any deal with Buffalo would likely include Derek Roy, whom the Sabres have been shopping for the past two summers. Ryan doesn’t have reservations about coming to Buffalo other than its need for a true playmaker. That would make Philly a better fit at this point.
Ah yes, Philly, the team Ryan said he should be traded to following his rant about not being wanted in Anaheim. If Ryan is that concerned over having a playmaker, being next to Claude Giroux wouldn’t be so bad. Buffalo can’t exactly offer Ryan that sort of help pitching him Tyler Ennis or Cody Hodgson as a set-up man.
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 5
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 26
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 33
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)