Jul 2, 2012, 9:23 AM EDT
It seems the Sabres have had a long-running affinity for Bobby Ryan. We’ve read rumors about their interest in him in the past and now with Ryan looking like he’s on the outs in Anaheim, Buffalo would like to take him off their hands.
Bucky Gleason of The Buffalo News reports the Sabres are expressing their interest yet again in the Ducks’ goal scoring whiz but they may not have the players necessary to make it happen.
Any deal with Buffalo would likely include Derek Roy, whom the Sabres have been shopping for the past two summers. Ryan doesn’t have reservations about coming to Buffalo other than its need for a true playmaker. That would make Philly a better fit at this point.
Ah yes, Philly, the team Ryan said he should be traded to following his rant about not being wanted in Anaheim. If Ryan is that concerned over having a playmaker, being next to Claude Giroux wouldn’t be so bad. Buffalo can’t exactly offer Ryan that sort of help pitching him Tyler Ennis or Cody Hodgson as a set-up man.
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 50
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 2
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- With Lamoriello hire, Leafs hammer home their culture change 23
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)