Jul 2, 2012, 9:23 AM EDT
It seems the Sabres have had a long-running affinity for Bobby Ryan. We’ve read rumors about their interest in him in the past and now with Ryan looking like he’s on the outs in Anaheim, Buffalo would like to take him off their hands.
Bucky Gleason of The Buffalo News reports the Sabres are expressing their interest yet again in the Ducks’ goal scoring whiz but they may not have the players necessary to make it happen.
Any deal with Buffalo would likely include Derek Roy, whom the Sabres have been shopping for the past two summers. Ryan doesn’t have reservations about coming to Buffalo other than its need for a true playmaker. That would make Philly a better fit at this point.
Ah yes, Philly, the team Ryan said he should be traded to following his rant about not being wanted in Anaheim. If Ryan is that concerned over having a playmaker, being next to Claude Giroux wouldn’t be so bad. Buffalo can’t exactly offer Ryan that sort of help pitching him Tyler Ennis or Cody Hodgson as a set-up man.
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 0
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 19
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 21
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 14
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 23
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 38
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)