Jul 2, 2012, 9:23 AM EDT
It seems the Sabres have had a long-running affinity for Bobby Ryan. We’ve read rumors about their interest in him in the past and now with Ryan looking like he’s on the outs in Anaheim, Buffalo would like to take him off their hands.
Bucky Gleason of The Buffalo News reports the Sabres are expressing their interest yet again in the Ducks’ goal scoring whiz but they may not have the players necessary to make it happen.
Any deal with Buffalo would likely include Derek Roy, whom the Sabres have been shopping for the past two summers. Ryan doesn’t have reservations about coming to Buffalo other than its need for a true playmaker. That would make Philly a better fit at this point.
Ah yes, Philly, the team Ryan said he should be traded to following his rant about not being wanted in Anaheim. If Ryan is that concerned over having a playmaker, being next to Claude Giroux wouldn’t be so bad. Buffalo can’t exactly offer Ryan that sort of help pitching him Tyler Ennis or Cody Hodgson as a set-up man.
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 7
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 14
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 69
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 32
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 54
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 14
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 10
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (69)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)