Jul 2, 2012, 7:29 PM EDT
“There will be no decision tonight and there is no timetable for his contract signing at this time,” Suter’s agent, Neil Sheehy said, according to the Tennessean. “Ryan is considering his opportunities and is taking the necessary time to give each proper consideration.”
Darren Dreger reported Monday afternoon that the Carolina Hurricanes are no longer in the running. However, the Nashville Predators are still in the running. Although it hasn’t been confirmed, it seems likely that the Minnesota Wild and Detroit Red Wings are also in the mix.
There aren’t a ton of other appealing free agent defensemen left on the open market. However, Matt Carle and Bryce Salvador are still out there as cheaper fallback options. There’s also a chance that the Calgary Flames will trade Jay Bouwmeester over the summer.
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 5
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 9
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2