Jul 2, 2012, 7:29 PM EDT
“There will be no decision tonight and there is no timetable for his contract signing at this time,” Suter’s agent, Neil Sheehy said, according to the Tennessean. “Ryan is considering his opportunities and is taking the necessary time to give each proper consideration.”
Darren Dreger reported Monday afternoon that the Carolina Hurricanes are no longer in the running. However, the Nashville Predators are still in the running. Although it hasn’t been confirmed, it seems likely that the Minnesota Wild and Detroit Red Wings are also in the mix.
There aren’t a ton of other appealing free agent defensemen left on the open market. However, Matt Carle and Bryce Salvador are still out there as cheaper fallback options. There’s also a chance that the Calgary Flames will trade Jay Bouwmeester over the summer.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5