Jul 2, 2012, 7:29 PM EST
“There will be no decision tonight and there is no timetable for his contract signing at this time,” Suter’s agent, Neil Sheehy said, according to the Tennessean. “Ryan is considering his opportunities and is taking the necessary time to give each proper consideration.”
Darren Dreger reported Monday afternoon that the Carolina Hurricanes are no longer in the running. However, the Nashville Predators are still in the running. Although it hasn’t been confirmed, it seems likely that the Minnesota Wild and Detroit Red Wings are also in the mix.
There aren’t a ton of other appealing free agent defensemen left on the open market. However, Matt Carle and Bryce Salvador are still out there as cheaper fallback options. There’s also a chance that the Calgary Flames will trade Jay Bouwmeester over the summer.
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 0
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 3
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 17
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11