Jul 2, 2012, 7:29 PM EDT
“There will be no decision tonight and there is no timetable for his contract signing at this time,” Suter’s agent, Neil Sheehy said, according to the Tennessean. “Ryan is considering his opportunities and is taking the necessary time to give each proper consideration.”
Darren Dreger reported Monday afternoon that the Carolina Hurricanes are no longer in the running. However, the Nashville Predators are still in the running. Although it hasn’t been confirmed, it seems likely that the Minnesota Wild and Detroit Red Wings are also in the mix.
There aren’t a ton of other appealing free agent defensemen left on the open market. However, Matt Carle and Bryce Salvador are still out there as cheaper fallback options. There’s also a chance that the Calgary Flames will trade Jay Bouwmeester over the summer.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40