Jul 2, 2012, 3:15 PM EDT
When you think of teams in the bidding for Zach Parise‘s services, the offense-rich Chicago Blackhawks aren’t exactly the first one to come to mind. ESPN Chicago’s Jesse Rogers cites a source who claims that the Blackhawks are “in play” for Parise, however. (Chris Kuc backs up Rogers’ report, by the way.)
Here’s the most important paragraph from Rogers’ report:
The Chicago Blackhawks are one of the two teams in play to sign free agent forward Zach Parise, according to a source, who said the forward may re-sign with the Devils.
The phrase that jumped out almost as much as Chicago’s interest was “one of the two teams in play.” So is it down to the ‘Hawks and Devils?
It’s worth noting Parise and Patrick Kane were key factors in the memorable last-minute goal that sent the 2010 Olympic gold medal game into overtime. Could they be reunited to score many more?
Or, on the other hand, could landing Parise spell the end of Kane’s time in the Windy City? At times, the latter’s been a bit of a headache for the club, if you haven’t heard.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 0
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 15
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 30
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (67)