Jul 2, 2012, 3:15 PM EDT
When you think of teams in the bidding for Zach Parise‘s services, the offense-rich Chicago Blackhawks aren’t exactly the first one to come to mind. ESPN Chicago’s Jesse Rogers cites a source who claims that the Blackhawks are “in play” for Parise, however. (Chris Kuc backs up Rogers’ report, by the way.)
Here’s the most important paragraph from Rogers’ report:
The Chicago Blackhawks are one of the two teams in play to sign free agent forward Zach Parise, according to a source, who said the forward may re-sign with the Devils.
The phrase that jumped out almost as much as Chicago’s interest was “one of the two teams in play.” So is it down to the ‘Hawks and Devils?
It’s worth noting Parise and Patrick Kane were key factors in the memorable last-minute goal that sent the 2010 Olympic gold medal game into overtime. Could they be reunited to score many more?
Or, on the other hand, could landing Parise spell the end of Kane’s time in the Windy City? At times, the latter’s been a bit of a headache for the club, if you haven’t heard.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 2
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)