Jul 2, 2012, 3:15 PM EDT
When you think of teams in the bidding for Zach Parise‘s services, the offense-rich Chicago Blackhawks aren’t exactly the first one to come to mind. ESPN Chicago’s Jesse Rogers cites a source who claims that the Blackhawks are “in play” for Parise, however. (Chris Kuc backs up Rogers’ report, by the way.)
Here’s the most important paragraph from Rogers’ report:
The Chicago Blackhawks are one of the two teams in play to sign free agent forward Zach Parise, according to a source, who said the forward may re-sign with the Devils.
The phrase that jumped out almost as much as Chicago’s interest was “one of the two teams in play.” So is it down to the ‘Hawks and Devils?
It’s worth noting Parise and Patrick Kane were key factors in the memorable last-minute goal that sent the 2010 Olympic gold medal game into overtime. Could they be reunited to score many more?
Or, on the other hand, could landing Parise spell the end of Kane’s time in the Windy City? At times, the latter’s been a bit of a headache for the club, if you haven’t heard.
- WATCH LIVE: Montreal Canadiens vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 1) 2
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 76
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 32
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 55
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 41
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (77)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (55)