Jul 2, 2012, 3:15 PM EST
When you think of teams in the bidding for Zach Parise‘s services, the offense-rich Chicago Blackhawks aren’t exactly the first one to come to mind. ESPN Chicago’s Jesse Rogers cites a source who claims that the Blackhawks are “in play” for Parise, however. (Chris Kuc backs up Rogers’ report, by the way.)
Here’s the most important paragraph from Rogers’ report:
The Chicago Blackhawks are one of the two teams in play to sign free agent forward Zach Parise, according to a source, who said the forward may re-sign with the Devils.
The phrase that jumped out almost as much as Chicago’s interest was “one of the two teams in play.” So is it down to the ‘Hawks and Devils?
It’s worth noting Parise and Patrick Kane were key factors in the memorable last-minute goal that sent the 2010 Olympic gold medal game into overtime. Could they be reunited to score many more?
Or, on the other hand, could landing Parise spell the end of Kane’s time in the Windy City? At times, the latter’s been a bit of a headache for the club, if you haven’t heard.
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 5
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 44
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 12
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 68
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 136
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (136)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)