Jul 2, 2012, 3:15 PM EDT
When you think of teams in the bidding for Zach Parise‘s services, the offense-rich Chicago Blackhawks aren’t exactly the first one to come to mind. ESPN Chicago’s Jesse Rogers cites a source who claims that the Blackhawks are “in play” for Parise, however. (Chris Kuc backs up Rogers’ report, by the way.)
Here’s the most important paragraph from Rogers’ report:
The Chicago Blackhawks are one of the two teams in play to sign free agent forward Zach Parise, according to a source, who said the forward may re-sign with the Devils.
The phrase that jumped out almost as much as Chicago’s interest was “one of the two teams in play.” So is it down to the ‘Hawks and Devils?
It’s worth noting Parise and Patrick Kane were key factors in the memorable last-minute goal that sent the 2010 Olympic gold medal game into overtime. Could they be reunited to score many more?
Or, on the other hand, could landing Parise spell the end of Kane’s time in the Windy City? At times, the latter’s been a bit of a headache for the club, if you haven’t heard.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 3
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 11
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 24
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 14
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 8
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)