Jul 2, 2012, 5:26 PM EDT
The Zach Parise watch will continue. For how long, only Parise knows.
That was the word Monday as Parise met with media members outside agent Wade Arnott’s Newport Sports office in Toronto. The 27-year-old UFA told media members 1) he’s still undecided on where he’ll sign, 2) he hasn’t set any deadline on a decision and 3) he’s flying to Minnesota to further discuss his future with family.
“It’s such a long-term, important decision, you have to make sure you look at everything,” Parise told TSN’s Mark Masters. “‘We’ve done a good job of analyzing and over-analyzing.”
Arnott also weighed in.
“We have thoroughly deliberated every option with Zach,” he explained to Mike Russo of the Minnesota Star-Tribune. “He wishes to take some time to step back and review all with his fiance and his family. We could be drawing closer to a decision.”
This, of course, contrasts what Parise told reporters yesterday — it sounded like his decision would be announced Monday.
“It’s a pretty unique process, but I’ll know tomorrow,” Parise said on Sunday. “I’ll just go back to the hotel, think about it, talk to my fiancee a little bit and go from there.
“We’ll see what happens tomorrow.”
As for other developments:
– Parise refused to say if he eliminated any teams from contention today, suggesting multiple teams were still in the mix. “‘The list is still there,” is how he described it. The teams believed to be in the mix are New Jersey, Pittsburgh, Minnesota, Detroit, Philadelphia and Chicago.
– He’s been in contact with Martin Brodeur, who earlier today re-upped with the Devils.
– He insists he’s not feeling any pressure from any clubs to reach a decision.
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 14
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 19
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Struggling Coyotes ‘not anywhere good enough,’ says GM 9
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 8
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 5
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Nolan skates Sabres, says the time for ‘taking it easy is over’ 38
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)