Jul 2, 2012, 5:26 PM EDT
The Zach Parise watch will continue. For how long, only Parise knows.
That was the word Monday as Parise met with media members outside agent Wade Arnott’s Newport Sports office in Toronto. The 27-year-old UFA told media members 1) he’s still undecided on where he’ll sign, 2) he hasn’t set any deadline on a decision and 3) he’s flying to Minnesota to further discuss his future with family.
“It’s such a long-term, important decision, you have to make sure you look at everything,” Parise told TSN’s Mark Masters. “‘We’ve done a good job of analyzing and over-analyzing.”
Arnott also weighed in.
“We have thoroughly deliberated every option with Zach,” he explained to Mike Russo of the Minnesota Star-Tribune. “He wishes to take some time to step back and review all with his fiance and his family. We could be drawing closer to a decision.”
This, of course, contrasts what Parise told reporters yesterday — it sounded like his decision would be announced Monday.
“It’s a pretty unique process, but I’ll know tomorrow,” Parise said on Sunday. “I’ll just go back to the hotel, think about it, talk to my fiancee a little bit and go from there.
“We’ll see what happens tomorrow.”
As for other developments:
– Parise refused to say if he eliminated any teams from contention today, suggesting multiple teams were still in the mix. “‘The list is still there,” is how he described it. The teams believed to be in the mix are New Jersey, Pittsburgh, Minnesota, Detroit, Philadelphia and Chicago.
– He’s been in contact with Martin Brodeur, who earlier today re-upped with the Devils.
– He insists he’s not feeling any pressure from any clubs to reach a decision.
- Goalie nods: Gustavsson gets his second start 0
- Price downplays start as Canadiens host Rangers 2
- Sens, Habs and Leafs pay tribute to fallen soldier 3
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 29
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 28
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 20
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)