Jul 2, 2012, 9:31 PM EDT
Jokinen hasn’t been a point-per-game player since his days with the Florida Panthers, but he did have 23 goals and 61 points in 82 games with the Calgary Flames in 2011-12.
Between those two signings, Winnipeg has meaningfully bolstered their top three lines and put themselves in a situation where they should get some secondary scoring.
Jokinen might end playing alongside restricted free agent Evander Kane. Bryan Little and Nik Antropov will then probably center the second and third lines respectively, assuming the Jets make no other changes.
This signing might also result in prospect Mark Scheifele getting some more development time before he earns a permanent spot with the Jets.
It’s a two-year deal, so the Jets have limited the risk involved. Overall, this doesn’t look like a bad deal for them.
- NHL fines Sharks $100K for Torres suspension critique 16
- Toews has beef with officiating after Game 2 loss 27
- Discuss: Red Wings even up series, take down Chicago 4-1 20
- No surgery needed for Eric Staal following injury at Worlds 3
- Playoffs tonight: Detroit and San Jose look to change things up 3
- Bruins’ Hamilton: ‘I don’t feel like a rookie anymore’ 24
- Penguins’ Murray: ‘We need to be better’ 8
- Senators’ coach MacLean: Karlsson ‘wasn’t one of the best players’ 4
- Discuss: Penguins defeat Senators in Game 2; lead series 2-0 40
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators 91
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Discuss: Penguins knock Islanders out of playoffs (99)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (93)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Capitals discuss ‘lopsided’ penalty calls (82)
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Chargers ink Freeney for 2 years, $8.5 million
- PFT: Teammate says Titus Young opened up to him
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings even series, thump Blackhawks
- Play Video: Filppula scores impressive, unbalanced goal
- Play Video: IIHF highlights: Sweden 3, Finland 0
- Play Video: Highlights: Crosby's hat-trick leads Pens in Game 2
- Play Video: Vokoun robs Greening
- Play Video: Crosby scores twice early on in Game 2