Jul 2, 2012, 9:31 PM EDT
Jokinen hasn’t been a point-per-game player since his days with the Florida Panthers, but he did have 23 goals and 61 points in 82 games with the Calgary Flames in 2011-12.
Between those two signings, Winnipeg has meaningfully bolstered their top three lines and put themselves in a situation where they should get some secondary scoring.
Jokinen might end playing alongside restricted free agent Evander Kane. Bryan Little and Nik Antropov will then probably center the second and third lines respectively, assuming the Jets make no other changes.
This signing might also result in prospect Mark Scheifele getting some more development time before he earns a permanent spot with the Jets.
It’s a two-year deal, so the Jets have limited the risk involved. Overall, this doesn’t look like a bad deal for them.
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 11
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 35
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 53
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 85
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (136)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes (85)