Jul 2, 2012, 11:14 AM EDT
Courtesy of fan blog Eurolanche, defenseman Jan Hejda let’s it be known he’ll miss 4-6 months after having wrist surgery. Adrian Dater of the Denver Post finds out from the Avalanche that Hejda had surgery right after the season ended which helps push up his date to return. Nice of the Avs to let us all in on that tidbit.
With Hejda out until at least the start of the season, Zanon being brought on board makes sense as a replacement. They’re both defensive-defensemen but, as Dater points out, when Hejda returns they’ll have a logjam on the blue line. As it is now they’ve got seven defensemen signed and still have Erik Johnson to get signed on long term. With eight guys, someone is likely to get moved later on.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25