Jul 2, 2012, 11:14 AM EST
Courtesy of fan blog Eurolanche, defenseman Jan Hejda let’s it be known he’ll miss 4-6 months after having wrist surgery. Adrian Dater of the Denver Post finds out from the Avalanche that Hejda had surgery right after the season ended which helps push up his date to return. Nice of the Avs to let us all in on that tidbit.
With Hejda out until at least the start of the season, Zanon being brought on board makes sense as a replacement. They’re both defensive-defensemen but, as Dater points out, when Hejda returns they’ll have a logjam on the blue line. As it is now they’ve got seven defensemen signed and still have Erik Johnson to get signed on long term. With eight guys, someone is likely to get moved later on.
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 0
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 7
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 1
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 24
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11