Jul 2, 2012, 12:33 PM EDT
Jagr’s agent, Petr Svoboda, says 21 teams contacted him about playing for them — but No. 68 has apparently set his gaze upon Montreal.
TSN’s Darren Dreger says Jagr would like to play with the Canadiens next season and wants a one-year deal worth $4 million. Jagr made $3.3 million last season with Philadelphia.
Montreal appeals to Jagr because he could play fellow Czech Tomas Plekanec — it should be noted Montreal was one of the teams that was heavily in on Jagr last season, along with Detroit, before he ultimately signed with the Flyers.
In 73 games last season, Jagr scored 19 goals and finished with 54 points. Is that worth $4 million for a season? Tough call. Jagr showed he can be productive when with the right linemates, as we saw when he played with Claude Giroux and Scott Hartnell during 2011-12.
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 6
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 23
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 8
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 25
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42