Jul 2, 2012, 12:33 PM EDT
Jagr’s agent, Petr Svoboda, says 21 teams contacted him about playing for them — but No. 68 has apparently set his gaze upon Montreal.
TSN’s Darren Dreger says Jagr would like to play with the Canadiens next season and wants a one-year deal worth $4 million. Jagr made $3.3 million last season with Philadelphia.
Montreal appeals to Jagr because he could play fellow Czech Tomas Plekanec — it should be noted Montreal was one of the teams that was heavily in on Jagr last season, along with Detroit, before he ultimately signed with the Flyers.
In 73 games last season, Jagr scored 19 goals and finished with 54 points. Is that worth $4 million for a season? Tough call. Jagr showed he can be productive when with the right linemates, as we saw when he played with Claude Giroux and Scott Hartnell during 2011-12.
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 6
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 15
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 56
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)