Jul 2, 2012, 12:33 PM EST
Jagr’s agent, Petr Svoboda, says 21 teams contacted him about playing for them — but No. 68 has apparently set his gaze upon Montreal.
TSN’s Darren Dreger says Jagr would like to play with the Canadiens next season and wants a one-year deal worth $4 million. Jagr made $3.3 million last season with Philadelphia.
Montreal appeals to Jagr because he could play fellow Czech Tomas Plekanec — it should be noted Montreal was one of the teams that was heavily in on Jagr last season, along with Detroit, before he ultimately signed with the Flyers.
In 73 games last season, Jagr scored 19 goals and finished with 54 points. Is that worth $4 million for a season? Tough call. Jagr showed he can be productive when with the right linemates, as we saw when he played with Claude Giroux and Scott Hartnell during 2011-12.
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 5
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 75
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 3
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 13
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 88
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 83
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (88)
- Bruins’ Kelly out with broken ankle after Dupuis slash (85)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (83)