Jul 2, 2012, 12:33 PM EDT
Jagr’s agent, Petr Svoboda, says 21 teams contacted him about playing for them — but No. 68 has apparently set his gaze upon Montreal.
TSN’s Darren Dreger says Jagr would like to play with the Canadiens next season and wants a one-year deal worth $4 million. Jagr made $3.3 million last season with Philadelphia.
Montreal appeals to Jagr because he could play fellow Czech Tomas Plekanec — it should be noted Montreal was one of the teams that was heavily in on Jagr last season, along with Detroit, before he ultimately signed with the Flyers.
In 73 games last season, Jagr scored 19 goals and finished with 54 points. Is that worth $4 million for a season? Tough call. Jagr showed he can be productive when with the right linemates, as we saw when he played with Claude Giroux and Scott Hartnell during 2011-12.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)