Jul 1, 2012, 3:19 PM EDT
It wouldn’t be a proper July 1 without a trade to throw in the mix.
With Columbus in need of help up front, they became the dance partner — though the Jackets did part with a guy they valued in Methot.
Foligno will hope to pick up his offensive game in Ohio as he’s been a steady 15-goal, 30-point scorer in his career. He finished last season with a career-high 47 points.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5