Jul 1, 2012, 1:25 PM EDT
Hurricanes GM Jim Rutherford must see something he likes in Joe Corvo because, for the third time in team history, he’s acquired Corvo’s services.
This time, Rutherford signed the journeyman blueliner to a one-year deal worth $2 million.
In 2008, Carolina acquired Corvo from Ottawa, only to trade him to Washington in 2010.
That summer, the Hurricanes re-signed Corvo — only to trade him to Boston a year later.
Canes lock up Peters
His deal is a two-way contract in the first year and a one-way deal in the second.
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 50
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 2
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- With Lamoriello hire, Leafs hammer home their culture change 23
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)