Jul 1, 2012, 1:25 PM EDT
Hurricanes GM Jim Rutherford must see something he likes in Joe Corvo because, for the third time in team history, he’s acquired Corvo’s services.
This time, Rutherford signed the journeyman blueliner to a one-year deal worth $2 million.
In 2008, Carolina acquired Corvo from Ottawa, only to trade him to Washington in 2010.
That summer, the Hurricanes re-signed Corvo — only to trade him to Boston a year later.
Canes lock up Peters
His deal is a two-way contract in the first year and a one-way deal in the second.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 3
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 11
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 24
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 14
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 8
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)