Jul 1, 2012, 1:25 PM EST
Hurricanes GM Jim Rutherford must see something he likes in Joe Corvo because, for the third time in team history, he’s acquired Corvo’s services.
This time, Rutherford signed the journeyman blueliner to a one-year deal worth $2 million.
In 2008, Carolina acquired Corvo from Ottawa, only to trade him to Washington in 2010.
That summer, the Hurricanes re-signed Corvo — only to trade him to Boston a year later.
Canes lock up Peters
His deal is a two-way contract in the first year and a one-way deal in the second.
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 0
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 12
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 28
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 17
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 80
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)