Jul 1, 2012, 1:25 PM EDT
Hurricanes GM Jim Rutherford must see something he likes in Joe Corvo because, for the third time in team history, he’s acquired Corvo’s services.
This time, Rutherford signed the journeyman blueliner to a one-year deal worth $2 million.
In 2008, Carolina acquired Corvo from Ottawa, only to trade him to Washington in 2010.
That summer, the Hurricanes re-signed Corvo — only to trade him to Boston a year later.
Canes lock up Peters
His deal is a two-way contract in the first year and a one-way deal in the second.
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 0
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 0
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 44
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (54)
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (51)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)