Jul 1, 2012, 1:25 PM EDT
Hurricanes GM Jim Rutherford must see something he likes in Joe Corvo because, for the third time in team history, he’s acquired Corvo’s services.
This time, Rutherford signed the journeyman blueliner to a one-year deal worth $2 million.
In 2008, Carolina acquired Corvo from Ottawa, only to trade him to Washington in 2010.
That summer, the Hurricanes re-signed Corvo — only to trade him to Boston a year later.
Canes lock up Peters
His deal is a two-way contract in the first year and a one-way deal in the second.
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 2
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 15
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 35
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 44
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)