Jul 1, 2012, 2:57 PM EST
Winnpeg can say goodbye to the “GST” line.
TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports the Pittsburgh Penguins signed forward Tanner Glass to a two-year, $2.2 million deal. Glass was part of Winnipeg’s third line with Jim Slater and Chris Thorburn (GST — get it?) last season, one of the league’s hardest-working units.
Glass scored five goals and 11 assists for the Jets in 2011-12, racking up 73 PIM.
Glass will be heading into his sixth NHL season and joining a Pittsburgh team poised to make a deep playoff run. That’s key, as he has some playoff experience after playing for the Vancouver Canucks during their Stanley Cup finals appearance in 2011.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 4
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)