Jul 1, 2012, 10:49 AM EDT
Shane Doan will be testing out the free agent market. Sort of. TSN’s Darren Dreger says Doan will be waiting until July 9 to make a decision on whether or not he’ll leave the Phoenix Coyotes to sign elsewhere.
If that sounds like an odd date to pick out, it would be in a vacuum. In reality, however, that’s the date when we’ll know if prospective Coyotes buyer Greg Jamison will see his bid to land the team slowed down thanks to a Glendale petition.
It’s no secret Doan loves playing in Phoenix and would like to finish his career there. That said, if there’s the possibility Jamison’s group could be delayed or scared off thanks to legal wranglings, Doan has made it known he doesn’t want to go through that whole dance again.
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 35
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 44
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 52
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Columbus trying to figure out ‘the right thing to do’ with Johansen 39
- Panthers re-sign Kulikov: three years, $13 million 6
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him 77
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M 58
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (57)