Jul 1, 2012, 10:49 AM EDT
Shane Doan will be testing out the free agent market. Sort of. TSN’s Darren Dreger says Doan will be waiting until July 9 to make a decision on whether or not he’ll leave the Phoenix Coyotes to sign elsewhere.
If that sounds like an odd date to pick out, it would be in a vacuum. In reality, however, that’s the date when we’ll know if prospective Coyotes buyer Greg Jamison will see his bid to land the team slowed down thanks to a Glendale petition.
It’s no secret Doan loves playing in Phoenix and would like to finish his career there. That said, if there’s the possibility Jamison’s group could be delayed or scared off thanks to legal wranglings, Doan has made it known he doesn’t want to go through that whole dance again.
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 6
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 15
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 56
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)