Jul 1, 2012, 10:49 AM EDT
Shane Doan will be testing out the free agent market. Sort of. TSN’s Darren Dreger says Doan will be waiting until July 9 to make a decision on whether or not he’ll leave the Phoenix Coyotes to sign elsewhere.
If that sounds like an odd date to pick out, it would be in a vacuum. In reality, however, that’s the date when we’ll know if prospective Coyotes buyer Greg Jamison will see his bid to land the team slowed down thanks to a Glendale petition.
It’s no secret Doan loves playing in Phoenix and would like to finish his career there. That said, if there’s the possibility Jamison’s group could be delayed or scared off thanks to legal wranglings, Doan has made it known he doesn’t want to go through that whole dance again.
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 4
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 61
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)