Jul 1, 2012, 10:49 AM EST
Shane Doan will be testing out the free agent market. Sort of. TSN’s Darren Dreger says Doan will be waiting until July 9 to make a decision on whether or not he’ll leave the Phoenix Coyotes to sign elsewhere.
If that sounds like an odd date to pick out, it would be in a vacuum. In reality, however, that’s the date when we’ll know if prospective Coyotes buyer Greg Jamison will see his bid to land the team slowed down thanks to a Glendale petition.
It’s no secret Doan loves playing in Phoenix and would like to finish his career there. That said, if there’s the possibility Jamison’s group could be delayed or scared off thanks to legal wranglings, Doan has made it known he doesn’t want to go through that whole dance again.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 7
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 17
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 46
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 54
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (54)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)