Jul 1, 2012, 10:49 AM EDT
Shane Doan will be testing out the free agent market. Sort of. TSN’s Darren Dreger says Doan will be waiting until July 9 to make a decision on whether or not he’ll leave the Phoenix Coyotes to sign elsewhere.
If that sounds like an odd date to pick out, it would be in a vacuum. In reality, however, that’s the date when we’ll know if prospective Coyotes buyer Greg Jamison will see his bid to land the team slowed down thanks to a Glendale petition.
It’s no secret Doan loves playing in Phoenix and would like to finish his career there. That said, if there’s the possibility Jamison’s group could be delayed or scared off thanks to legal wranglings, Doan has made it known he doesn’t want to go through that whole dance again.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 48
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)