Jul 1, 2012, 1:05 PM EST
We’ll be doing these roundup posts throughout the day to highlight some of the smaller free agent signings.
Here’s the first…
Oberg re-ups with Lightning: Tampa Bay has agreed to a one-year, two-way deal with RFA defenseman Evan Oberg. The 24-year-old played three games with the Lightning last year after being acquired from Florida on Dec. 2.
Oilers ink Danis: After watching him post stellar numbers with their AHL affiliate in Oklahoma City, the Oilers have signed Yann Danis to a one-year, two-way deal worth $775,000. The 31-year-old won the Aldege “Baz” Bastien Memorial Award as the AHL’s outstanding goalie this past season and was also selected to the First Team All-Star Team.
Jets get Meech: Winnipeg reached terms with defenseman Derek Meech — a one-year, two-way deal that’s worth $700k at the NHL level and $105k at the AHL level. Meech, 28, played two games with the Jets last year during an injury-riddled season. In 128 career NHL games with Detroit and Winnipeg, he has four goals and 12 assists.
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 0
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 6
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 49
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 12
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 70
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (137)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)