Jul 1, 2012, 1:05 PM EDT
We’ll be doing these roundup posts throughout the day to highlight some of the smaller free agent signings.
Here’s the first…
Oberg re-ups with Lightning: Tampa Bay has agreed to a one-year, two-way deal with RFA defenseman Evan Oberg. The 24-year-old played three games with the Lightning last year after being acquired from Florida on Dec. 2.
Oilers ink Danis: After watching him post stellar numbers with their AHL affiliate in Oklahoma City, the Oilers have signed Yann Danis to a one-year, two-way deal worth $775,000. The 31-year-old won the Aldege “Baz” Bastien Memorial Award as the AHL’s outstanding goalie this past season and was also selected to the First Team All-Star Team.
Jets get Meech: Winnipeg reached terms with defenseman Derek Meech — a one-year, two-way deal that’s worth $700k at the NHL level and $105k at the AHL level. Meech, 28, played two games with the Jets last year during an injury-riddled season. In 128 career NHL games with Detroit and Winnipeg, he has four goals and 12 assists.
- WATCH LIVE: Montreal Canadiens vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 1) 2
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 76
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 32
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 55
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 41
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (77)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (55)