Jul 1, 2012, 1:05 PM EST
We’ll be doing these roundup posts throughout the day to highlight some of the smaller free agent signings.
Here’s the first…
Oberg re-ups with Lightning: Tampa Bay has agreed to a one-year, two-way deal with RFA defenseman Evan Oberg. The 24-year-old played three games with the Lightning last year after being acquired from Florida on Dec. 2.
Oilers ink Danis: After watching him post stellar numbers with their AHL affiliate in Oklahoma City, the Oilers have signed Yann Danis to a one-year, two-way deal worth $775,000. The 31-year-old won the Aldege “Baz” Bastien Memorial Award as the AHL’s outstanding goalie this past season and was also selected to the First Team All-Star Team.
Jets get Meech: Winnipeg reached terms with defenseman Derek Meech — a one-year, two-way deal that’s worth $700k at the NHL level and $105k at the AHL level. Meech, 28, played two games with the Jets last year during an injury-riddled season. In 128 career NHL games with Detroit and Winnipeg, he has four goals and 12 assists.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 13
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 42
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 26
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 31
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 12
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)