Jul 1, 2012, 1:05 PM EDT
We’ll be doing these roundup posts throughout the day to highlight some of the smaller free agent signings.
Here’s the first…
Oberg re-ups with Lightning: Tampa Bay has agreed to a one-year, two-way deal with RFA defenseman Evan Oberg. The 24-year-old played three games with the Lightning last year after being acquired from Florida on Dec. 2.
Oilers ink Danis: After watching him post stellar numbers with their AHL affiliate in Oklahoma City, the Oilers have signed Yann Danis to a one-year, two-way deal worth $775,000. The 31-year-old won the Aldege “Baz” Bastien Memorial Award as the AHL’s outstanding goalie this past season and was also selected to the First Team All-Star Team.
Jets get Meech: Winnipeg reached terms with defenseman Derek Meech — a one-year, two-way deal that’s worth $700k at the NHL level and $105k at the AHL level. Meech, 28, played two games with the Jets last year during an injury-riddled season. In 128 career NHL games with Detroit and Winnipeg, he has four goals and 12 assists.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5