Jul 1, 2012, 1:05 PM EDT
We’ll be doing these roundup posts throughout the day to highlight some of the smaller free agent signings.
Here’s the first…
Oberg re-ups with Lightning: Tampa Bay has agreed to a one-year, two-way deal with RFA defenseman Evan Oberg. The 24-year-old played three games with the Lightning last year after being acquired from Florida on Dec. 2.
Oilers ink Danis: After watching him post stellar numbers with their AHL affiliate in Oklahoma City, the Oilers have signed Yann Danis to a one-year, two-way deal worth $775,000. The 31-year-old won the Aldege “Baz” Bastien Memorial Award as the AHL’s outstanding goalie this past season and was also selected to the First Team All-Star Team.
Jets get Meech: Winnipeg reached terms with defenseman Derek Meech — a one-year, two-way deal that’s worth $700k at the NHL level and $105k at the AHL level. Meech, 28, played two games with the Jets last year during an injury-riddled season. In 128 career NHL games with Detroit and Winnipeg, he has four goals and 12 assists.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 14
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15