Jul 1, 2012, 4:16 PM EDT
Alexei Ponikarovsky is on the move once again.
TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports Ponikarovsky has signed a one-year, $1.8 million deal with the Winnipeg Jets to try and spark their offense. The Jets will be his sixth team in four seasons.
Ponikarovsky seemed to find a good situation in New Jersey after landing there in a mid-season trade from Carolina. In 33 games with the Devils, he had 18 points (seven goals). With the ‘Canes, he played in 49 games and recorded just 15 points.
The 32-year-old had just one goal in 24 playoff games, though he did add eight assists and finished with a plus-8 rating.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25