Jul 1, 2012, 4:16 PM EST
Alexei Ponikarovsky is on the move once again.
TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports Ponikarovsky has signed a one-year, $1.8 million deal with the Winnipeg Jets to try and spark their offense. The Jets will be his sixth team in four seasons.
Ponikarovsky seemed to find a good situation in New Jersey after landing there in a mid-season trade from Carolina. In 33 games with the Devils, he had 18 points (seven goals). With the ‘Canes, he played in 49 games and recorded just 15 points.
The 32-year-old had just one goal in 24 playoff games, though he did add eight assists and finished with a plus-8 rating.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 41
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 117
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (120)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)