Jul 1, 2012, 4:16 PM EST
Alexei Ponikarovsky is on the move once again.
TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports Ponikarovsky has signed a one-year, $1.8 million deal with the Winnipeg Jets to try and spark their offense. The Jets will be his sixth team in four seasons.
Ponikarovsky seemed to find a good situation in New Jersey after landing there in a mid-season trade from Carolina. In 33 games with the Devils, he had 18 points (seven goals). With the ‘Canes, he played in 49 games and recorded just 15 points.
The 32-year-old had just one goal in 24 playoff games, though he did add eight assists and finished with a plus-8 rating.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 4
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)