Jul 1, 2012, 4:16 PM EST
Alexei Ponikarovsky is on the move once again.
TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports Ponikarovsky has signed a one-year, $1.8 million deal with the Winnipeg Jets to try and spark their offense. The Jets will be his sixth team in four seasons.
Ponikarovsky seemed to find a good situation in New Jersey after landing there in a mid-season trade from Carolina. In 33 games with the Devils, he had 18 points (seven goals). With the ‘Canes, he played in 49 games and recorded just 15 points.
The 32-year-old had just one goal in 24 playoff games, though he did add eight assists and finished with a plus-8 rating.
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (68)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)