Jul 1, 2012, 3:36 PM EDT
(Update: it’s one year, $3.25 million.)
Not a bad haul for a forward that scored 10 goals in 85 games, regular season and playoffs combined. (And is in no danger of winning the Selke Trophy.)
Presumably the Kings’ Stanley Cup victory played a large role in their decision to bring back the 29-year-old that’s been more punch line than player since arriving in Los Angeles from Edmonton in February of 2011.
To be fair, Penner did score the goal that sent the Kings to the Cup finals, and there’s something to be said for his ability to quote The Simpsons.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5