Jul 1, 2012, 3:36 PM EST
(Update: it’s one year, $3.25 million.)
Not a bad haul for a forward that scored 10 goals in 85 games, regular season and playoffs combined. (And is in no danger of winning the Selke Trophy.)
Presumably the Kings’ Stanley Cup victory played a large role in their decision to bring back the 29-year-old that’s been more punch line than player since arriving in Los Angeles from Edmonton in February of 2011.
To be fair, Penner did score the goal that sent the Kings to the Cup finals, and there’s something to be said for his ability to quote The Simpsons.
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 9
- Bettman concedes there are ‘some members of the NHL family who would like to see fewer shootouts’ 48
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 19
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 20
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 36
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32