Jul 1, 2012, 5:47 PM EDT
The Toronto Maple Leafs have signed 29-year-old center Jay McClement to a two-year, $3 million deal.
McClement had 10 goals, seven assists and 95 PIM with Colorado in 2011-12. He’s a decent faceoff man that plays physical and, perhaps most importantly, will be counted on to improve a Toronto penalty kill that ranked 29th in 2011-12.
The Avs’ PK ranked 12th last season.
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 0
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 85
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 27
- Oilers get Sekera for six years, closing in on Letestu 6
- Avalanche sign veteran d-man Beauchemin for three years 5
- Neely was ‘surprised’ that Hamilton didn’t want to sign with Bruins 14
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 32
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 63
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 25
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 91
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (91)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (83)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)