Jul 1, 2012, 5:47 PM EDT
The Toronto Maple Leafs have signed 29-year-old center Jay McClement to a two-year, $3 million deal.
McClement had 10 goals, seven assists and 95 PIM with Colorado in 2011-12. He’s a decent faceoff man that plays physical and, perhaps most importantly, will be counted on to improve a Toronto penalty kill that ranked 29th in 2011-12.
The Avs’ PK ranked 12th last season.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 5
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 13
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 10
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5