Jul 1, 2012, 7:43 PM EDT
Jaromir Jagr became an unrestricted free agent on Sunday and it looks like he’s in no rush to ink a new contract. That’s understandable, considering how many teams he has to pick from.
“He got 21 offers; I’m not kidding,” said agent Petr Svoboda, according to CSNPhilly’s Tim Panaccio. Svoboda added that Jagr might still end up re-signing with the Philadelphia Flyers.
After spending three seasons in the KHL, Jagr made an impressive comeback last season. He scored 19 goals and 54 points in 73 contests with the Flyers.
At the same time, he dealt with leg and groin issues in 2011-12 and he turned 40 in February. So he’s a risk going forward and probably shouldn’t be regarded as much more than a good second liner.
Still, clearly there are plenty of teams eager to get him and that’s not surprising given his experience and how thin this UFA market is. Plus the prospect of having Jagr potentially finish his career in their city has to appeal to some owners and GMs.
- Armstrong: ‘Let’s live to fight another day’ 0
- Hitch needs ‘time to reflect’ before making decision on future 17
- Rutherford admits mistakes, but has support of Penguins ownership 8
- Wings’ Kronwall has hearing today for hit on Kucherov 39
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 38
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 26
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 10
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 31
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)