Jul 1, 2012, 4:31 PM EST
You can go home again after all.
Mason, 36, began his career in Nashville and spent six seasons there, first backing up Tomas Vokoun then splitting time with Dan Ellis and Pekka Rinne. Now, he’ll be backing up Rinne full-time and hoping to give him the kind of support needed to keep the starter fresh come playoff time
After leaving Nashville, Mason spent two years with St. Louis as a starter and two more with Atlanta/Winnipeg backing up/splitting time with Ondrej Pavelec. Mason’s numbers haven’t been so hot the last two seasons, but that’s in part to playing for teams with lousy defense.
Going back to a familiar place in Nashville, with better defense to boot, should settle him back into form.
- In praise of the Hamburglar 3
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 4
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)