Jul 1, 2012, 4:31 PM EDT
You can go home again after all.
Mason, 36, began his career in Nashville and spent six seasons there, first backing up Tomas Vokoun then splitting time with Dan Ellis and Pekka Rinne. Now, he’ll be backing up Rinne full-time and hoping to give him the kind of support needed to keep the starter fresh come playoff time
After leaving Nashville, Mason spent two years with St. Louis as a starter and two more with Atlanta/Winnipeg backing up/splitting time with Ondrej Pavelec. Mason’s numbers haven’t been so hot the last two seasons, but that’s in part to playing for teams with lousy defense.
Going back to a familiar place in Nashville, with better defense to boot, should settle him back into form.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5