Jul 1, 2012, 4:31 PM EST
You can go home again after all.
Mason, 36, began his career in Nashville and spent six seasons there, first backing up Tomas Vokoun then splitting time with Dan Ellis and Pekka Rinne. Now, he’ll be backing up Rinne full-time and hoping to give him the kind of support needed to keep the starter fresh come playoff time
After leaving Nashville, Mason spent two years with St. Louis as a starter and two more with Atlanta/Winnipeg backing up/splitting time with Ondrej Pavelec. Mason’s numbers haven’t been so hot the last two seasons, but that’s in part to playing for teams with lousy defense.
Going back to a familiar place in Nashville, with better defense to boot, should settle him back into form.
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 0
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 17
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 29
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 30
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 17
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 75
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 18
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 17
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 13
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (75)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)