Jul 1, 2012, 1:37 PM EST
Crawford has two years remaining on his contract ($2.7 million cap hit) before he can become an unrestricted free agent. The ‘Hawks have stuck by the 27-year-old, but bringing in Brodeur could take the heat off the still-inexperienced goalie that, in hindsight, management relied upon too soon.
For Brodeur, a move to Chicago would give the 40-year-old a shot at winning a fourth championship. On the other hand, it would come with more travel.
Emery is under contract for 2012-13 with a $1.15 million cap hit.
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 8
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 39
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 82
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (183)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)