Jul 1, 2012, 1:37 PM EDT
Crawford has two years remaining on his contract ($2.7 million cap hit) before he can become an unrestricted free agent. The ‘Hawks have stuck by the 27-year-old, but bringing in Brodeur could take the heat off the still-inexperienced goalie that, in hindsight, management relied upon too soon.
For Brodeur, a move to Chicago would give the 40-year-old a shot at winning a fourth championship. On the other hand, it would come with more travel.
Emery is under contract for 2012-13 with a $1.15 million cap hit.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 32
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 13
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 90
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 17
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (90)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)