Jul 1, 2012, 1:37 PM EDT
Crawford has two years remaining on his contract ($2.7 million cap hit) before he can become an unrestricted free agent. The ‘Hawks have stuck by the 27-year-old, but bringing in Brodeur could take the heat off the still-inexperienced goalie that, in hindsight, management relied upon too soon.
For Brodeur, a move to Chicago would give the 40-year-old a shot at winning a fourth championship. On the other hand, it would come with more travel.
Emery is under contract for 2012-13 with a $1.15 million cap hit.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 4
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 7
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)