Jul 1, 2012, 1:37 PM EST
Crawford has two years remaining on his contract ($2.7 million cap hit) before he can become an unrestricted free agent. The ‘Hawks have stuck by the 27-year-old, but bringing in Brodeur could take the heat off the still-inexperienced goalie that, in hindsight, management relied upon too soon.
For Brodeur, a move to Chicago would give the 40-year-old a shot at winning a fourth championship. On the other hand, it would come with more travel.
Emery is under contract for 2012-13 with a $1.15 million cap hit.
- Steen, Blues hold on against Ovechkin, Capitals 4
- David Backes ejected after boarding, bloodying Karl Alzner 15
- End nearing? Lightning waive Nabokov 4
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 24
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 10
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 18
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 17
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 12
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 29