Jul 1, 2012, 1:37 PM EDT
Crawford has two years remaining on his contract ($2.7 million cap hit) before he can become an unrestricted free agent. The ‘Hawks have stuck by the 27-year-old, but bringing in Brodeur could take the heat off the still-inexperienced goalie that, in hindsight, management relied upon too soon.
For Brodeur, a move to Chicago would give the 40-year-old a shot at winning a fourth championship. On the other hand, it would come with more travel.
Emery is under contract for 2012-13 with a $1.15 million cap hit.
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 2
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 20
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 37
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 58
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 90
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (136)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes (90)