Jun 30, 2012, 5:30 PM EST
All week leading up to July 1, we’ll be profiling unrestricted free agents and speculating where they might end up.
Ruslan Fedotenko (LW)
2011-12 cap hit: $1.4 million
The skinny: He’s not flashy, he just gets the job done. Fedotenko is your prototypical third/fourth line winger in that he defends well and just does the job he’s supposed to. He did great as a penalty killer for the Rangers and he’ll score the occasional goal. At 33 he’s a two-time Stanley Cup winner with Tampa Bay and Pittsburgh so he gives you that veteran leadership a contending or young team needs to grow up a bit.
With Fedotenko a team is getting a classic grind-line type of guy. If there are teams in search of bottom-six forwards to fill out the roster and make life easier on their goalies and improve the PK, Fedotenko’s phone will be ringing.
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 2
- Thomas forced into Stars debut after Wild’s Haula bloodies Lehtonen 5
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 7
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 10
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 31
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)