Jun 30, 2012, 5:30 PM EDT
All week leading up to July 1, we’ll be profiling unrestricted free agents and speculating where they might end up.
Ruslan Fedotenko (LW)
2011-12 cap hit: $1.4 million
The skinny: He’s not flashy, he just gets the job done. Fedotenko is your prototypical third/fourth line winger in that he defends well and just does the job he’s supposed to. He did great as a penalty killer for the Rangers and he’ll score the occasional goal. At 33 he’s a two-time Stanley Cup winner with Tampa Bay and Pittsburgh so he gives you that veteran leadership a contending or young team needs to grow up a bit.
With Fedotenko a team is getting a classic grind-line type of guy. If there are teams in search of bottom-six forwards to fill out the roster and make life easier on their goalies and improve the PK, Fedotenko’s phone will be ringing.
- Blackhawks nearly blow it…but don’t 1
- ‘Hawks rattle Rask with ‘way more traffic’ in Game 4 3
- Discuss: More Seabrook OT magic ties series 27
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 65
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 23
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 27
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming