Jun 30, 2012, 5:30 PM EDT
All week leading up to July 1, we’ll be profiling unrestricted free agents and speculating where they might end up.
Ruslan Fedotenko (LW)
2011-12 cap hit: $1.4 million
The skinny: He’s not flashy, he just gets the job done. Fedotenko is your prototypical third/fourth line winger in that he defends well and just does the job he’s supposed to. He did great as a penalty killer for the Rangers and he’ll score the occasional goal. At 33 he’s a two-time Stanley Cup winner with Tampa Bay and Pittsburgh so he gives you that veteran leadership a contending or young team needs to grow up a bit.
With Fedotenko a team is getting a classic grind-line type of guy. If there are teams in search of bottom-six forwards to fill out the roster and make life easier on their goalies and improve the PK, Fedotenko’s phone will be ringing.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 50
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 8
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 53
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)