Jun 30, 2012, 4:30 PM EDT
All week leading up to July 1, we’ll be profiling unrestricted free agents and speculating where they might end up.
Joe Corvo (D)
2011-12 cap hit: $2.25 million
The skinny: All right so your favorite team missed out on Ryan Suter and Matt Carle. Maybe they even missed out on Pavel Kubina or Sheldon Souray and you need a blue liner who can carry the puck and give you a big shot, know this: There’s always Joe Corvo.
Corvo can get you points, that’s never usually a problem. Having him play solid defensively is more his bugaboo. He saw his minutes cut late last season in Boston and was ultimately a healthy scratch in the playoffs in favor of Mike Mottau. Ouch. Still, if your team had hopes of landing Dennis Wideman before Calgary ponied up a king’s ransom, maybe Corvo is who your GM is hoping he’ll land. If that’s the case, however, maybe it’s already time to worry about how your team will do next season.
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 17
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 17
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 77
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 46
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (77)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)