Jun 30, 2012, 4:30 PM EDT
All week leading up to July 1, we’ll be profiling unrestricted free agents and speculating where they might end up.
Joe Corvo (D)
2011-12 cap hit: $2.25 million
The skinny: All right so your favorite team missed out on Ryan Suter and Matt Carle. Maybe they even missed out on Pavel Kubina or Sheldon Souray and you need a blue liner who can carry the puck and give you a big shot, know this: There’s always Joe Corvo.
Corvo can get you points, that’s never usually a problem. Having him play solid defensively is more his bugaboo. He saw his minutes cut late last season in Boston and was ultimately a healthy scratch in the playoffs in favor of Mike Mottau. Ouch. Still, if your team had hopes of landing Dennis Wideman before Calgary ponied up a king’s ransom, maybe Corvo is who your GM is hoping he’ll land. If that’s the case, however, maybe it’s already time to worry about how your team will do next season.
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 0
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 8
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 38
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 5
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)