Jun 30, 2012, 6:30 PM EDT
All week leading up to July 1, we’ll be profiling unrestricted free agents and speculating where they might end up.
Brad Boyes (C/RW)
2011-12 cap hit: $4 million
The skinny: The former 40-goal scorer has had a bit of a bad time in recent years. Since that monster season in St. Louis, Boyes’ goal numbers have fallen off the table as if his name was Jonathan Cheechoo. In the four seasons since potting 43, Boyes has scored 72 goals and that includes a 33-goal season. Not good.
Boyes finished last year with just eight goals and proved to be one of many frustrating players for the Sabres. When wind up in the same conversation as Ville Leino when it comes to production, that’s not good. Boyes could be someone’s Plan C when it comes to finding a scoring forward. At this point now, he’s a depth guy you can’t bank on scoring goals the way he did just four years ago.
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 16
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13