Jun 30, 2012, 6:30 PM EDT
All week leading up to July 1, we’ll be profiling unrestricted free agents and speculating where they might end up.
Brad Boyes (C/RW)
2011-12 cap hit: $4 million
The skinny: The former 40-goal scorer has had a bit of a bad time in recent years. Since that monster season in St. Louis, Boyes’ goal numbers have fallen off the table as if his name was Jonathan Cheechoo. In the four seasons since potting 43, Boyes has scored 72 goals and that includes a 33-goal season. Not good.
Boyes finished last year with just eight goals and proved to be one of many frustrating players for the Sabres. When wind up in the same conversation as Ville Leino when it comes to production, that’s not good. Boyes could be someone’s Plan C when it comes to finding a scoring forward. At this point now, he’s a depth guy you can’t bank on scoring goals the way he did just four years ago.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 45
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 8
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 53
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)