Jun 30, 2012, 5:08 PM EDT
Short of a shocking turn of events, Ryan Suter will become an unrestricted free agent on Sunday. He’ll have plenty of teams interested in him and plenty of media attention — and all the while he’ll be at his farm.
As ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun reported, Suter doesn’t plan on meeting with his potential suitors in person. Instead, his suitors can contact his agent, Neil Sheehy.
The Detroit Red Wings, Minnesota Wild, and Pittsburgh Penguins are expected to be among the teams that will speak to Sheehy on Sunday.
Suter will then weigh his options, a process which is likely to drag into next week.
Sheehy doesn’t think Suter will sign on Sunday “because I think tomorrow will be very busy and he’ll need to carefully consider all the information.”
Suter is also expected to consider simply staying with the Nashville Predators.
“Ryan is going to have a look on July 1, and based from talking with him, I’m sure he’s going to come back to us (to talk),” Predators GM David Poile told the Tennessean. “I’m not going to say if it’s July 1, or July 2 he’s going to come back to us. We’re going to talk about what’s out there and how that compares with the situation in Nashville.”
It should be an interesting story to follow – and one that will likely still be unresolved by the start of business on Monday.
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 12
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 34
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 72
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 8
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 11
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 46
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- LIVE: Spurs-Heat, Game 6
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'