Jun 30, 2012, 10:30 PM EDT
Sunday promises to be a busy day, but in the meantime, we have a handful of 11th hour signings to report:
Holden, who agreed to a one-year, two-way contract, only ended up playing in 25 AHL games last season and might not factor into the Blue Jackets’ 2012-13 plans. However, Boll will probably serve as a bottom-six forward.
Boll will make $950,000 next season and $1.15 million in 2013-14.
Olver’s deal is two-ways in 2012-13, but he’ll earn $650,000 in 2013-14 even if he spends the entire season in the minors. He had four goals and three assists in 24 contests with the Avalanche last season.
– James Mirtle of the Globe and Mail reported that Keith Aulie has inked a one-year, two-way contract with the Tampa Bay Lightning. Aulie should be in the mix for a roster spot in 2012-13.
– The Edmonton Oilers announced that they have locked up defenseman David Musil to a three-year, entry-level contract. He was taken with the 31st overall pick in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft.
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 2
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 19
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Struggling Coyotes ‘not anywhere good enough,’ says GM 9
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 8
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 5
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Nolan skates Sabres, says the time for ‘taking it easy is over’ 38
- Report: Gryba, Tropp avoid punishment after getting tossed for hits 6
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)