Jun 30, 2012, 10:30 PM EDT
Sunday promises to be a busy day, but in the meantime, we have a handful of 11th hour signings to report:
Holden, who agreed to a one-year, two-way contract, only ended up playing in 25 AHL games last season and might not factor into the Blue Jackets’ 2012-13 plans. However, Boll will probably serve as a bottom-six forward.
Boll will make $950,000 next season and $1.15 million in 2013-14.
Olver’s deal is two-ways in 2012-13, but he’ll earn $650,000 in 2013-14 even if he spends the entire season in the minors. He had four goals and three assists in 24 contests with the Avalanche last season.
– James Mirtle of the Globe and Mail reported that Keith Aulie has inked a one-year, two-way contract with the Tampa Bay Lightning. Aulie should be in the mix for a roster spot in 2012-13.
– The Edmonton Oilers announced that they have locked up defenseman David Musil to a three-year, entry-level contract. He was taken with the 31st overall pick in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 2
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 8
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 32
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)